The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share this pic of one of many KS's animal inhabitants. I always see them when driving down I-70 heading home or back to Colby, well, I finally stopped and took a pic. :) Enjoy. heh heh

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
He looks camera shy ;)

Is this someone's "pet" camel? I wonder what other interesting pets they have!

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there were more in the distance...

·
Super Moderator
22,652 Posts
WAY cool! myself , i have a herd of Buffalo/Bison up and over a bit from me,,,,strange driving down the road and seeing them all inna herd running,,,makes ya wanna stop the stagecoach and,,,,,
sorry,,really do have them near me tho,,,

In Marengo Ill. ,a few farms down from where i "adopted" a German Shepherd from a Schutzhund trainer. i glanced over and saw a couple of Elephants and Giraffe's ,plus many other exotic animals,,,i asked the lady i got the dog from , and she said it was a place that rents out animals for motion pictures,,
i bet they had one fertile garden!:eek: :funny:

i have a cousin that raises llamma's
i have the room/facilities to keep just about anything here,,,
but so far have held back,,:rolleyes:
the wife DOES want some pygmy goats tho,,,,:rolleyes:
and have entertained the idea of raising Elk,,,
but the initial cost and the estimated cost of a 10ft fence got me of of that idea quick,,,

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw a group of buffalo to, I should have stopped to get pics, but didn't. :(

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
A friend of mine in Illinois raises emu's (sp) raises the for food but hey its a farm. Actually it is quite good meat tases alot like a cross between duck and turkey but its good anyways

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
22,652 Posts
ShirleyM said:
Hey Jeff,

I have friends in DeRidder, Louisian who raise Elk! They sell the antlers (horn) for big bucks. And they have 45 acres and a 10 ft fence. That was 8 yrs ago. Don't know if they are still raising them.

Jeremy - I love the Camel pics! Thanks!

Shirley:)
Yup Shirley,,that's the route i was going...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.