The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally ditched the Maxi Jet 1200s today. I installed a Koralia 3 on each end of my tank. For those of you who use these, do you use the flow concentrator with the fish guard or not? I ask because the front of the powerhead is more open then what I have been used to and I don't want any of my fish to get nosey and stick their nose it it. While most of my fish are not strong enough to swim against 850gph, my Foxface just might be able to.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I leave the guard off too. When i turn them off to feed, make sure no one is resting in there before you turn them back on. :doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was running 2 K3s, then just upgraded to 2 K4s. I'm still trying to figure out if I wanna keep any of the K3s in there. I had had all 4 running but that was moving my sand around and creating a little too much flow for my liking. I think I'm gonna end up with 2 K4s and 1 K3 in the tank.

·
Registered
290 Posts
M, I am going to use one for my 20L so I dont think I need a wavemaker, but thanks for the offer.

Ricks Reef, let me know how much I could use 2 1200's

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
i think its more likley for a fish to get stuck on the side of your koralis. It does have sucking power
Hey, long time no see Telly. :)

They do have some serious sucking power and I can see where a weak fish might have a problem getting away from one of them and sticking to the side. When my powder blue tank dies I found it stuck to the side of a K3.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can meet you pretty much anytime thru the week.I work about 20 min from both.Let me know a day ahead of time and I'll bring them with me.Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Willie,let me know if you still want the two Mj1200's.Im going to go thru my equipment and start listing spare stuff for sale.Tanks,Powerheads,etc. If you still want them I wont post them.Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah I still want them. I just have to find time to come to greenville to pick them up. Is anderson any closer than greenville for you?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts