The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 koralia evolution 1050's and 2 750's in a 75 gallon. the problems started when one 1050's magnet swelled and would no longer spin. then both 750s anti reverse rubber bumper snapped. but i must say the pumps are awesome. very powerful and the best pump for the money. works well on a wavemaker. also customer service is amazing. i emailed them my problems a couple days later they emailed me back and are going to ship my replacement parts no questions asked

·
Registered
120 Posts
That must be a problem with the 750s. Mine did the same. Sometimes forward, sometimes backward. More in reverse than forward.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
No not at all. I had a clicking noise when I first set them up but figured out I was on the wrong outlet on my Reefkeeper Lite PC-4, once I changed outlets and programs they are silent. I have to be looking at the display to tell when they switch.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they run great for me. by the way hydor customer service is great sent me the parts no questions asked took about to weeks to recieve them but usps what can you expect

·
Registered
552 Posts
Best pumps for the money IMO. If you can't fit Vortechs or Tunzes into the budget the newer Evo's are a great choice.

Not really a Hydro prob, but anything banging on and off constantly with a wave maker is going to eventually be a problem. If there was a wave maker that worked like a VFD (ramping up and down) pumps would last forever. Not sure if pumps could be built with an inverter duty motor though?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts