The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got (a few hours ago) a bunch of deteritus cleaners from www.etropicals.com. Absolutely awesome looking animals - including a turbo snail that's about half the size of a baseball. It's huge!!! :) :) :)

The problem is that one of my peppermint shrimp has gotten: (a) really hungry, or (b) really lonely. Because I just saw him pick up one of the scarlet hermit crabs (without its shell) and make off for a secluded part of the rock structure. Should I be worried because (a) I have a killer shrimp in my tank or (b) because I'm soon going to be a father? :funny:

K.M.

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
That is hilarious Reefer Addict!

Okay..seriously...are you sure the pep ran off with the hermit itself? Or maybe it ran off with the molt from the hermit crab. Have you done a head count to see if you are trully missing a hermit?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reef Addict - that is a cool picture and I was very impressed with the speed with which you put it together :)

Imstriker - how could you very think I'd sell my babies??? I'll just give you the pick of the litter instead :rolleyes:

Jeremy1973 - I'm pretty sure it was the hermit itself. I'll do a head count later to check. But since I just got the crabs I'm not sure how many there were to start with. For now I'm going to hold on to hopes for a Scarlet Peppermint Hermit Shrimp :dance: :dance: :dance:

K.M.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks for the kudo's ldmk... I used to do a lot of photo manipulation/retouching at my last job so I got pretty adept at Photoshop... the toughest part was finding the pictures. :)
I wonder if the Scarlet Peppermint Hermit Shrimp was on the Isle of Dr. Moreau... ;)
Would be an interesting hybrid. :funny:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.