·
Registered
3,063 Posts
What are you applying it to?

·
warren ohio
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am setting up a 125 and i have regular trickel filter bu i though about buying on of the bio rockers. i will have fish and live rock only at this time
thanks

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
I used one for a few years. IMO if you're doing reef or FOWLR, you don't need it.

I don't think Kent is making them anymore - production issues with the ceramic used to make the rocker device.

There were a few issues with this filter - the track that the rocker sits on will wear, and eventually .... you'll go off your rocker :lol: (sorry - couldn't resist that!)...I kill me...

There was a lot of splash too. I had an earlier model, used a small piece of plastic shelving to keep the splash contained. I think they modified the design after this, but that made it tricker to service.

I'd give it about a 7 out of 10. However like I said if you're using live rock, cut to the chase and just get a sump. In fact the sump that comes with the rocker is sweet - just take out the rocker :) Of course I don't suggest spending a ton of money just to get the sump - but I eventually took my rocker out and just used the sump.

HTH

Jenn

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I heard they are loud. I imagine like Jenn said the water splashig around would make it loud.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts