The Reef Tank banner

Keeping pond clean

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Joel 
#1 ·
Is there any advice on how we should keep leaves and stuff from getting into our pond. We have a stupid tree right above it that drops its seed into our pond :(.

#5 ·
Jon, they make a netting that'll go over the pond,used to keep birds out,,,dunno if it's fine mesh enuf to stop the seeds,,,

#6 ·
Maybe you could build a canopy over it. With some Metal Halide's and VHO's to supplement........... ok sorry. Getting a little ahead of myself here.
I dont have any experience in ponds, but i do see how that darn tree could be a problem. Would cutting a few branches work? But then you have to deal with the wind blowing them anyway... HMMM theres gotta be a good solution to this. Is moving the pond even a thought?

#10 ·
Climb on in every so often and get them out with your hands. Thats what I do but watch out for snakes and frogs. Frogs are almost worse than snakes because when you step on one of the slimy guys at the bottom you think you've stepped on a snake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.