The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today while in the hospital waiting to undergo testing for my sickness.. (nonlife threating) I was in a drug induced coma and pondering the methods of raising the calcium and alkalinity in my aquarium. In the past I've had problems with dosing methods and been using other methods to keep Ca and Alk levels up. Today I was thinking of ways to add Kalk to my tank I know Kalkwasser = Ca(HO)2+H20->Ca2+2HO seem to be the way of choice and then it hit me........My IV and bag. So after I recover from my sickness I'll let you know how it turns out. If anyone had additional ideas to my madness please let me know...I know when you mix the kalk there is a settlement at the bottom. I was then going to skim the water and put into the bag then drip at one or two drops per min. Has anyone tried this way before?

·
Banned
238 Posts
You can buy things that constantly stir Kalkwasser at a very low wattage (usually) and some dont cost that much - then it sends it up to the Kalkwasser container as the quantity is depleted. The only reason I know is because I just started researching Kalkwasser in depth today because I am tired of my fluctuations in my smaller tanks. I know that I have to be carefull though with the tanks being smaller.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
agreed...the bag's not needed (well...it'll work, but filling it up all the time will end up a big PIA). But KEEP the tubing, and the drip control thingie (love my educated termenology? ;) )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts