The Reef Tank banner

Do you use Kalk drip, CA reactor or combination or none?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
I've always had a Calcium reactor. I don't even know what kalk is, except that it has something to do with pickles:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have both and i love it my ph never change it worcks really good my tank is only 3 1/2 and i am able to keep anyting everyting its groing really fast if you like to see it click on the link in the HR betuing 7pm and 12 am easter time

sorry for my spelling
http://thesaent.camstreams.com/

·
To Boldly Reef ...
1,694 Posts
I use both. Have a Tunze osmolator for auto topoff that runs through an Aquamedic kalkwasser stirrer and an Aquatic systems design calcium reactor. I find having both really lets me fine tune my pH, calcium, and alkalinty. All stay rock steady.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 120G. I dose 10L kalk nightly and also dose Randy's two part nightly. Probably look into getting a calcium reactor in the next six months.

·
Registered
468 Posts
kalk reactor

·
Registered
468 Posts
yes, it's a reactor chamber that doesn't let air into the system. here is my set-up.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
I use a product from Red Sea called calcuim +3. Just add it to my fresh water and it works great. Too hard to get the wifey to approve the money on a calc reactor.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
I technically should have voted both...but I don't use both on the same tank.

My SPS tank has a CA reactor...my softie/zoa tank I just use a kalk drip.

It depends on what your coral biotype is, I think. What type(s) of corals will you be trying to keep?

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I don't use either - just do water changes frequently to keep the ca levels up. Have never had an issue - I use a phosphate reactor though :<

HHC

1 - 20 of 24 Posts