The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Take the drain hose and the platfrom it attaches too, remove the tray with the holes in it, and put the platform with the drain hose down onto the egg crate so it is closer to the sump water level.

HTH
J

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
If you completly submerge it you will want to put an air vent on it to stop it from gurgling.

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
Keeping mine submerged takes care of the problem for me. Like said before remove the hose from the filter tray and run the hose into the water.

I took all of the wet dry components out of my w/d and use it just like a sump now. It's now more quiet than it was when I used it as a wet dry...

Did you remove them over time or all at once?? Removing them all at once could cause your tank to cycle, waiting for the Live rock to catch up on the denitrification.....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have the same problem and I can't move the water level because my skimmers in the sump. What I did was add live rock where the bio-balls were and that cut down on the splashing noise...that reminds me I need to buy more. I removed the bio-balls very slow and have been adding live rock in the sump the came way slow. Hope that helps if you skimmer is in the sump

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
ReelFreak said:
Keeping mine submerged takes care of the problem for me. Like said before remove the hose from the filter tray and run the hose into the water.

I guess I should say that if you have gurgling sounds you will want to add a vent. Some systems don't have it for various reasons and other do. I needed to vent both my drain for my over flows and my drain for my skimmer.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I just found a hose that fit into my return hose and stuck it in the water

1 - 9 of 9 Posts