The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up having a day off today so I was sitting around thinking about ordering a couple frags from vivid. Then I decided screw it let's go see this place. So my fiancé and I hoped in the car and made the 2 hour drive to LA.

I have to say the drive was well worth it (my fiancé might disagree) but for me it was like being in coral heaven....the owner is totaly cool and really helpfull. So after taking a couple hours and not being able to make up my mind on what frags to get the owner offers to frag me off a few peices from there main display tank :banana:

So of course I couldn't resist and got a very nice vivid tricolor, pink lemonade, and a very dark blue frag with light blue tips with pretty long polyps, I call em hairy polyps lol.

Anyways I will get some pics up when we get home and things get settled a
bit :beer:

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Yep.. i think so :)

Either that or its the squirrel family photo thread.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAHA ok enough with the darn squirrels!!!!

I appologize ahead of time for the bad quality, next tank investment is for a good camera :funny:

Heres the Vivid Tricolor - Have to say fastly growing as my favorite peice, cant wait to see this as a colony.

Heres the blue one, not sure if its an acro, if anyone can id feel free, its much bluer than in the picture with light blue tips and fuzzy blue polyps.

Heres the pink lemonade frag about 3.5" long

My first ever Crocea!! As the Crocodile hunter would say "GORGEOUS!"

And lastly the frogspawn my fiance picked out.

Spent some good money but got some excelent frags. Only problem is im out of room for any more coral.

Incoming 100g tank build thread? :funny:

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
:D Very nice set of stony frags, btw #2 is an Acropora spp., but hard to tell positively from the level of focus, could be a Millepora spp, however, I was liking the squirrels...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D Very nice set of stony frags, btw #2 is an Acropora spp., but hard to tell positively from the level of focus, could be a Millepora spp, however, I was liking the squirrels...
Yea, i belive its a millepora from the research ive done on it.

Whats the difference? Is it the size of the polyps?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I noticed the Crocea sitting on the sand bed, I thought Crocea was only to be placed on rock and not sand. Did I miss something?

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,665 Posts
No your right I was going to say the same thing!Get the clam up in the rocks!Maybe one of the flying squirrle flew it to the sand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts