The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i spent some time today rerouting my supply line directly to the refugium, and turning my tank feed supply line into a secondary return. but i made a small mistake, and ended up making a little mess. i loosened up the durso pipe to remove it, and ended up loosing the bulkhead fitting instead by accident.

oops

hey..... whats that unfamiliar sound coming from inside my fish stand???? funny, it almost sounds like a leak......

:eek:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome to the "****, I did it again..." club :funny:

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Isn't amazing how fast your feet can hit the floor when you hear that sound? LOL

·
Registered
807 Posts
I swapped tanks a little over 2 weeks ago. The new tank (135g) was drilled in the back for a cls so I installed the bulkheads, pvc, and plugs in the bulkheads so I could work on the cls at a later date. Some how in the middle of the project last Friday I heard water dripping, so I looked under the stand and sure enough water was slowly runnuing down one of the cls drain pipes. I then tried to get a pipe wrench behind the tank to tighten the bulkhead just a little more. Luckily I didn't have to turn it much to stop the leak because it was a real pita to get back there. I guess everyone has these stories its just nice to know I'm not the only unlucky person out there.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alice, that and the pleasure of having tank water running down your arm, a slippery grip, on a already tight fitting that just keeps seaping no matter what.
cat, isn't hazing illegal now?
casey & joel, i guess just about everything is back to "normal".... i even added 2 lr with red leaf kelp attached into the refugium, and 2tsp. of live brine.

:cool:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
DOH!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts