The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who don't know it's a fish/birds store off of Pleasant Hill by the mall right past Chili's and Hooters.

I went to get get a small percula for my 10 gallon nano and a cleaner shrimp and the guy that helped me, Keith I believe his name was, was very cool. They had a nice looking 10 gallon high nano up front with these really cool little zoo frags. I asked if I could buy some and he said they weren't for sale but he had some even smaller pieces in their coral tank that had broken off from those. He said since I was getting an expensive shrimp he would just throw it in.

I thought that was very cool. It's a small rock with about 5 or 6 polyps on it but they are pretty and I'm psyched. It was a cool gesture.

Also I pointed out a mandarine fish to my wife because they are so beautiful and she was like "WOW." But I said I can't keep one of those and the guy said "Most people can't. You gotta have a huge reef tank with a TON of live rock."

I'm standing there thinking. I have never heard an LFS store person say that before. At another nearby LFS they sell those to anyone who walks in the door no questions asked.

Anyway just thought I would share the experience. I will definitely go back there.

Bill

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah, the guys at the Aviarium are very cool. I bought alot of my current setup from them. They're allways selling me stuff like that for way cheap. They're also pretty honest about their livestock. I've gotten a pair of percs, a six-line, and a cherub angel from them. All the fish are very healthy, but Kieth and Tom don't hesitate to tell me when they get a bad batch of fish in and I should wait to buy.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
There fish have always looked very poor to me.....Plus 30 bucks for a xenia frag 1.5 inches long is a little crazy to me...i have this stuff coming out my ears.....

·
Registered
220 Posts
hess, TRADE IT IN then!! think about it the least they could give you for that size frag is 15 bux store credit!, thats alot! if they give u cash even better! i know my lfs- petland in duluth gives me 20 bux for my xenia 2 inches tall its really quite nice haveing your takn pay for oyur stuff. i havent had to spend cash for a while on my tank

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nishant3789 it is over by Gwinnett Place mall. If I remember right, it backs up onto the interstate. Have you even been the Under the Wave? It is about 5 mins. from there. Same side of plesant hill road.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Nishant

Really? 20 bucks at pet land duluth...I was going to go there in about 15 minutes and buy some cardinals from them....Maybe I can just frag out some xenia and swap.....

Thanks for the advice....

Later man

clay

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nishant,

The Aviarium's # is 770-495-0540. One of the great things I like about them is that they stay open late, I think until 9:00 most nights. They stock up on Wed and Fri. They are right beside the Chili's and Hooters on the Gwinnett mall access road (Mall Blvd I think?), the same one that Hops is on.

Hope that helps.

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep and right by Hooters too. I liked the service I got there. It's not a super huge high end reef store but the service I got there was excellent and the livestock I bought there is looking good and doing fine.

Your in Alpharetta? Have you tried Aquarium Showcase?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.