The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Shark..but a friendly one
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top of the morning Y'All, and HAPPY MONDAY!
Back in the saddle and ready to up date.,....after another cup of joe er 2'ish.

THAT was a horrendous, grueling drive! NEVER seen the I-95 corridor looking like THAT! The full length of I-95 from the Delaware Memorial Bridge to the I-85 split was absolutely stop n go, bumper to bumper! Took 8 hrs. to get to the 85 split.....a 4 hr. endeavor usually. Granted we usually don't travel on weekends when we vacation, so MAY have been the issue?

Leaving yesterday, hit 3 BLINDING THUNDERSTORMS on I-85, causing a crawling pace for some, others pulling off. Then I-95 shaped up to be the crawl it was the day before. We pushed through, and got home around 9 last night. A LONG DRIVE. I fear my 'Let's just get there and rest latter' days have passed me by......NIGHT DRIVING has left my tool bag.

Coffee is going, and craving a PB+J on Buttermilk waffles.....Orange marmalade.

TO BE CONTINUED......
Grooviness to All,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, now that we've got the belly aching behind us, on with the GROOVINESS!

IMG_8782.jpg

Great Danes are obviously 'LAP DOGS'!

The proceeding images were not of good quality as Jen was too busy rolling in laughter to catch the proof of THAT statement. Plus Jen has ALL OF THE PICTURES on her phone.

She's 10 months old, and her name is Heidi. Though at the moment we're in negotiations with THAT. She doesn't seem to be hooked on it, and if she was, that would be fine. But since she isn't, we're floating ideas......,HOT, HEAVY, and FURIOUSLY! So stay tuned.

She is such a doll! But she didn't come equipped with '4-wheel drive'......some dogs, like our Rosebud Hannah, have the ability to sense the road as we drive, and manages to take turns, and starts n stops in stride......,.,poor Heidi doesn't seem to have that feature....at least not yet.

She also doesn't have a 'voice' yet.......quiet as a mouse. She did chatter in her sleep on the back seat at one point yesterday, and a slight 'yip' when she banged her head on a tree last night.....but no barking or whining. I'm tagged with being her voice coach. 馃 馃槈

More to follow as pictures become available.
Hack

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
........OOOOOOPS! Why am I here today? Forgot.

Jen has a couple Dr. appointments today, so I'm off for THAT.......not because it's an official 'tech your puppy to talk day' or anything meaningful as that. 馃馃榿
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Hack and all if TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and buttermilk waffles with fixin's, Hack! I have local peaches to offer.

Ewwwwww on that no good, horrible, really bad drive you had to get that beautiful lapdog Heidi. I think that qualifies you for a nap today. (Speaking of naps, I just had one at tye breakfast table馃お)

Have fun getting to know Heidi, and her getting to know you!

I better get started with my list of stuff to do today.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Cath, 'meal naps' are soooooo under rated! :ROFLMAO:

Top of the morning Cath!
You had been on the short list of possible detours while we were down South, but THAT MESS on the high ways crunched our time. I think you were within 2 hours, as well as my Sister.
Hack

Super Moderator
Yeah Cath, 'meal naps' are soooooo under rated! :ROFLMAO:

Top of the morning Cath!
You had been on the short list of possible detours while we were down South, but THAT MESS on the high ways crunched our time. I think you were within 2 hours, as well as my Sister.
Hack
Backatcha, Hack. Thanks for even considering putting me on the list. That would have been so cool to meet you and your family. But more horrendous driving would not have been good for you. No way no how.

Administrator
Morning all, Hack glad you made it back, sorry bout the ordeal. Pup looks gorgeous :)
Mon part 2 for me, boring weather forecast, same old HOT. The fire East of Klamath Falls is getting bigger all the time, we have had a few spot fires locally but local fire resources were able to get right on em so no danger.
Hope the day treats you all well

Super Moderator
Doug - Scary stuff about the fires close to Klamath fall.馃槺
Great to hear that

Good to hear that the local fire department was able to put out spot fires in your area.

A girlfriend of mine is a large claims adjuster and she in currently working on claims in MA. She saw a unattended paper fire near the hotel where she was staying so she called the fire department right away. She also said that six cars drove by and did nothing! People like that should be fined or worse.

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Miss Chloe Noelle,
IMG_8702001.jpg

馃憤

Took a LOT of brain storming, but our final answer came from our Son......And IT FITS HER!
So it's now....Rosebud Hannah, Oliver Tiberius McGruff, and introducing Miss Chloe Noelle ("Pronounced Noel, but my Family is fond of messing with the English language.")馃馃榿
Hack

Super Moderator
Miss Chloe Noelle absolutely fits her! What do you call her kind of coloring?

Super Moderator
Welp, I had to look it up. Chloe Noelle looks like a Brindle Harlequin.

Welcome to TRT, Chloe Noelle!

Administrator
Lovely name for a lovely lady Hack. Work was difficult, coworker is off sick, around 10 am the Coke fountain machine went nuts and flooded the store, Managers youngest got Poison Oak ALL OVER(hes a boy) so dealing with all that was a challenge.
Got a call back from Insulation Co, crew coming out EARLY to blow in insulation, with sick coworker chances I can come in later so I can line them out is nill, Smoke is back but thankfully only mid90s today.
After while I have to move a bunch of stuff so insulation guys can access attic. Taking a break between and dawggie jaunt

Administrator
Hack any chance you can send that pic to me as a jpeg file?

Retired Wanderer
Cool dog. She would barely fit in my living room.

Got dressed down today for being a little slow on conduit on my first time at a new gig two weeks ago and hanging a box crooked. A couple degrees off, but the pole next to it was off 15 the other way. I got a bubble on the top, but needed to measure the side.

The other "green hat" (90 day probation people wear green ball caps with inside bump liners) is being let go. He is afraid of heights.

Got an interview tomorrow, and with an offer in hand will have a serious conversation with my supervisor. I might not be big company material. They said I need to stay at the current job forever, and I am used to moving to the next machine of interest. There are not a ton of people going to the ample supply of open jobs yet, so I got a little time to land where the best job is. That is a luxury that won't last long.

Super Moderator
Lovely name for a lovely lady Hack. Work was difficult, coworker is off sick, around 10 am the Coke fountain machine went nuts and flooded the store, Managers youngest got Poison Oak ALL OVER(hes a boy) so dealing with all that was a challenge.
Got a call back from Insulation Co, crew coming out EARLY to blow in insulation, with sick coworker chances I can come in later so I can line them out is nill, Smoke is back but thankfully only mid90s today.
After while I have to move a bunch of stuff so insulation guys can access attic. Taking a break between and dawggie jaunt
Ewwwwwwith your manager鈥檚 son having poison oak so bad! How is that treated? Yep, that makes your work load vs available employees mighty tight.

Perry - I can understand the other green hat being let go due to a serious fear of heights (that should have been on the job requirements, though), but you being dressed down like that after only two weeks?

Looking forward to hearing about Hack鈥檚 day, and more about Chloe Noelle.

We got a pop-up shower today!馃コ馃コ

Sending groovy thoughts to everyone!

Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We would have loved to have asked and stopped by for a sweet tea and some good ole fashioned Southern charm Cath. But as seems usual events conspire, and we were hamstrung by time restraint. And every MPH above the thing written on the signs helped to make us getting back in time possible......spent a load of time above 80!

My night vision has deteriorated terribly, and had to make the Delaware Memorial before dark......If we couldn't, we'd have to pull up short and spend the night. BUT.......Washington and Baltimore lie in THAT holding pattern, and near of impossible to get a room there, so we'd even have to stop in Virginia for the night, leaving a 5 hour drive this morning. And we had an early morning Dr's. appointment to concern ourselves with.

So we just squeaked across the Delaware just in the nick of time........the setting sun to the west was glaring on the cars ahead of us. And we drove the last hour after the bridge to our home just as DARK.

Now if'n I had only hit SEND, I wouldn't be having to do it now.......
Oh well,
Hack

Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Her coloring is known as MERLE......fairly new to the AKC as a recognized coat, only since 2019. ("NO, I don't follow such things, but I had to look our little Lady up of course.
Hack
Miss Chloe Noelle absolutely fits her! What do you call her kind of coloring?

Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sent you a copy Doug with jpeg through PM....hope it does the trick
Hack
Hack any chance you can send that pic to me as a jpeg file?

Administrator
Thanks Hack, I want to share it with a friend whoo has done GD rescue for years.
Hopefully the crew will be out to spray/blowin insulation in the am.

Administrator
Tryin to figure out how to convert webp image to jpeg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts