The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm afraid the macro algea in my tank can't keep up to feed my purple tang. My question is:

Is regular Nori health food or junk food for a tang? What should a purple tang be fed to keep it healthy? How much nori should be fed each day/week to a single tang?

G

·
depending on weather or not mine attacks me while doing my maintence is how i decide that... if he tries to spear me he gets lfs crap... if he comes up and lets me pet his side he gets oriental store stuff..... it usually the lfs stuff but maybe 2 times a week he gets the good fresh stuff

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Just roll up a sheet of nori and clip it in a lettuce clip and stick to the inside of your tank up high and check it and when gone put another sheet in!:)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i buy mine at the oriental store as well. super cheap. i get like 20 sheets for 1.99

whats best is the oriental market is next door to the lfs. i came in one day with it and my lfs owner was a bit shocked that i was feeding that to my fish. i explained how common it was, and that it was the same thing he sold, only cheaper...

well, three days later i go into the lfs, and he now has his own "all natural nori" for sale. it's in nice little zip lock bags, with 6 sheets, for 3.99!!!!! and he jsut printed some stickers on his computer and slapped them on the bags! he said he went next door and bought some and tried and his fish loved it. so now he goes next door once a week, buys a bunch of nori. and splits them up into two bags each and makes 8 bucks for a 2 buck investment !!! i told him i want royalties for the idea!! :funny:

·
Reef Geek
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I will keep feeding him nori. He seems to like it.

Fatman, you gota love America! Presentation is 1/2 the sale! hehehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts