The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to thank charles and everyone else that made my first ARC meeting very nice! I wish I could had stayed longer and seen more of Dungs, hope that is right!, lighting. His stuff looks VERY, VERY NICE!

To who ever gave me the xenia, THANKYOU! I am sorry I didnt catch your name, I am horrible with names!

Again, THANKS!

William Mann

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi William.

I'm Rob Sweet, the Club's webmaster. I couldn't make it tonight but I'm glad you had a good time. It's nice to hear that you felt welcome.

Hope to see you next month!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
That was Doug, with a "u". "Dung" (with a "n") is what Andy's skimmers takes care of (that was last meeting).:funny:

But, yes, thanks for hosting Doug. And thanks for the lighting presentation. Once again I am chocked full of new information that I didn't know about several hours ago.

I tell you what, if you didn't see the tank at Doug's shop, you really missed out. He's really bucking the traditional wisdom and is running a live rock only, no fish or coral (LRONFoC) with metal halide lighting and absolutely NO FLOW! While not exactly interesting to watch, his tank suffers absolutely none of the problems we have (besides a little algea- which, according to what I learned at the last meeting, isn't necessarily a bad thing) ;)

(I hear he is constructing a more traditional reef tank at home :D )

-Chris

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
doug really sorry i missed it. i was pulling out of the driveway when the animal control officer informed me that a 300.00 fine was in order if i didnt hunt down and subdue my unruly dog.

·
Ghetto Reefer 101
1,447 Posts
He's really bucking the traditional wisdom and is running a live rock only, no fish or coral (LRONFoC) with metal halide lighting and absolutely NO FLOW!
i missed the meeting,, it was just a tad too far for me....but i'm looking forward to the next one.

Please explian the quote above..... why does he do this? does he just have inverts in the tank with the LR?

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Thanks a lot doug. I have been learning something at every meeting and this one was definatly not an exception. I hope my questions didn't bug everyone too much.

Ray

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Thanks for hosting Doug. Very good meeting.

Even though I didn't listen in on the lighting presentation it must have been a good one --- you kept a very captive audience for over an hour.

Charles

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Thanks Dung!!!

Heh!

Thanks again for hosting the club meeting this month in the shop. A VERY nice setup there, A GREAT WORKING BUSINESS!

THANKS AGAIN!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.