The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jun Bo Restaurant
On the NE corner of Nicollet and 494 in Bloomington.

750 gallon reef aquarium

Soda will be provided. Alcohol can be purchased. I will talk to the restaurant about providing food at a discounted rate or possibly free. We will have a private room. I am planning on bringing a ton of stuff to sell at a super discounted rate (I have accumulating a lot of odds and ends rebuilding systems or absorbing items back into inventory). Yes people can trade. Even Dirk can bring his wares to sell J

More about the system:

500lbs Pukani Live Rock
300lbs Reefer Rock
200lbs Fiji Base Rock

4 SeaStar Prism Pendants (400W MH and 2-32W actinics per pendant)
6 – 1” SeaSwirls
Reeflo Hammerhead Closed Loop Pump
Reeflo Dart Main Circulation Pump
BlueLine 70HD – Skimmer Re-circulating Pump
MRC MR4R Re-circulating Beckett Injector Skimmer
MRC WC-4 Waste Collector
MRC Large Nilsen Reactor
X-Large Refugium/Sump
Eco-Plus 6” fan – circulates air out of sump are and vents into ceiling
Neptune ACIII
IKS Vario LP Dosing Pump
Electronically Controlled Auto Top-off System with Redundant Electronic Float Switches

Livestock Highlights:
2 – Mystery Wrasses
Peppermint Hog Fish
School of yellow tangs
School of juv. Blue tangs
Scopus Tangs (yellow tang pack leaders)
Magnificent Fairy Wrasse
Large Dejardini Salfin Tang
Scholl of Firefish

Lots of show size Echino’s, Zoo’s (one entire rock formation is dedicated to zoos), Purple Nephtheas, Sinularias, Favias, Ricordia, …..)

There is a 175 gallon lobster tank that we built in the kitchen. It might be available for viewing if the kitchen is not too crazy. It is insulated and has to be chilled to 42 degrees. It is a interesting setup.

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, looks like I will not be able to make it to this meeting, which would have been my first. It is a great night out and we are just putting in our jet ski and fishing boat. Such choices.:doh:

Have fun all.

Cheers,
Marty

·
Registered
524 Posts
clownfishcrazy said:
I wish I could make it but I have drivers ED.
Have fun at Driver's Ed and remember your name is not Takumi and you are not the Mt. Akina God driving an AE86 drifting thru hairpin turns;) :clown:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Another awesome setup!! thanks for the tour and meeting. I'll have to bring the wife and friends there sometime for dinner. The tank you've built works well with the restaraunt which looks really nice! Anyone have time to stay and try the food?

·
Registered
284 Posts
took a shot of 151 and called it a day haha had fun tho thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
MERCEDES said:
Have fun at Driver's Ed and remember your name is not Takumi and you are not the Mt. Akina God driving an AE86 drifting thru hairpin turns;) :clown:
sheryl, i hope clownfishcrazy is not going to pull a Itsuki;) on the drivers ed instructor

·
Kichi Saru!
2,808 Posts
MERCEDES said:
Are you talking about Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift? Cause if you are that movie is completely wrong, I've never seen or heard of a car in Japan that can go fast.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Soltaker said:
secret handshake =
shhh dont tell anybody the yakuza will hunt me down

1 - 19 of 19 Posts