The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going to do something a little different for the next meeting, just to mix things up a bit. Instead of our normal lecture, we're going to hold a swap meet. We've all got old parts that just don't need anymore and want to sell or trade off, and don't want to hassle with taking pictures, posting, delivery, online money exchange, ecetera.

You can bring most anything you'd like (as long as it passes security!), including non-aquarium items. If you'd like to bring a small tank for frags, you're welcome to, but do remember that you'd need to setup a tank for just a few hours - a lot of work. If you have a bigger item, such as a tank, for sale, just take a picture and bring it with you.

Everybody is welcome, even if you're just getting started or want to just come and mingle.

We'll also have a number of items from the SaltwaterU conference, including shirts and signed books from the speakers, if you'd like to take advantage of them.

Noel from Scientific Coral will be there with the corals from the Nano Power Buy going on right now.

There's no fee for coming, and the club won't be taking any commission as some clubs do. There will be raffles and auctions taking place throughout the evening.

The swap meet will be held June 13th starting at 7:30pm at Steve Shindell's office space - the same place where the Jellies meeting was held (cheap, central, and available).

Directions:

From I-75 South:<O:p</O:p

Take Exit #255, West Paces Ferry and Northside Parkway. Turn left off the exit ramp. You will pass under I-75. Turn right at the first light onto <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:Street w:st=<st1:address w:st=" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Northside Parkway</st1:address></st1:Street>. Go to the second light, and turn right on <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Howell Mill Road</st1:address></st1:Street>. Go up the hill, and turn left on the first street, <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Downwood Circle</st1:address></st1:Street>. Go straight on <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Downwood Circle</st1:address></st1:Street> into the parking deck. The building will be on your left.

From I-75 North:<O:p</O:p

Take Exit #255, West Paces Ferry and <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Northside Parkway</st1:address></st1:Street>. Turn right off the exit onto <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Northside Parkway</st1:address></st1:Street>. Take an immediate right onto <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Howell Mill Road</st1:address></st1:Street>. Go up the hill, and turn left on the first street, <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Downwood Circle</st1:address></st1:Street>. Go straight on <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Downwood Circle</st1:address></st1:Street> into the parking deck. The<ST1:p building will be on your left.

Or MapQuest directions can be found here.

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Great Idea!
We should plan one for a Sat. all day sale one day.
Bob

·
Registered
264 Posts
Does the location have net access? It might be a good idea to set up a computer for arranging PayPal payments so that people don't have to bring a wad of cash, if they don't want to.

I can supply a machine, if there is interest.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Something tells me Chris doesn't want us doing any illegal hacking while we're at a club meeting anyway.

The machine I was going to bring is a desktop, though, so no wireless card.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
At worst, People can go up to my office on the second floor and use the computer to make PayPal payments.....

Steve

·
Registered
862 Posts
should we have people list what they plan on bringing so we can make our shopping lists?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Why check? I want to take a look of Steve office tank.
I missed it the last time I was there, because I got there just in time for the meeting :p

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think this is an amazing Idea. I think not only should we do a "this is what im bringing list" but a "this is what I want/need list" bc im sure there are tons of stuff people wont bring bc they think it wont sell, but maybe theres actually someone coming to look around for just that one item.

·
Registered
874 Posts
yes lets make a list of goodies that people will bring and need. If noone has any objections, I'll gladly make the list and keep track of what people need and what they have to offer; that is unless Steve or Chris want to take control of that?

·
Registered
874 Posts
kevinwholder said:
Check? What's a check? :lol:

isn't that a plastic box lookin thing that you put in a radio that plays music??? Oh wait, I think thats called an 8 track er somthing.....hmmm check......check..... yeah not too sure what that is. LOL. Heh sadly enough I still have to write tho for 2 bills I have, come one bill co, get with the online pmnt!

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GLXTRIX said:
yes lets make a list of goodies that people will bring and need. If noone has any objections, I'll gladly make the list and keep track of what people need and what they have to offer; that is unless Steve or Chris want to take control of that?
Hey- we welcome any help that is volunteered! Do whatever you think will help. Let me know if you need anything from me-

·
Registered
874 Posts
sounds good to me, I'm going to make a new thread that will have an updated list pretty much daily, weekends I cant guarantee that, but for sure durring the week.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts