The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was discussed a while ago about me hosting the June 17th meeting at my place in La Crosse. Please post if you think you would be able to make the meeting if I host it. I think I can get some people from the La Crosse area to come to the meeting along with the ECRC members, but I need to have some time to get the word out locally.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm not sure I have that Saturday off. I'll let you know once I find out.

It was really super to meet you at David's! Thanks for coming.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since only a couple of you have been willing to post about making a meeting sooooooo far away soo far in advance, how many of you will try to make it down here if you're free that weekend. I'll provide the beverages :beer: and some free frags :) for ECRC members.

If I host it, I would like to know within a week so I can get the word out in the La Crosse/Winona areas and over in Rochester.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I would like to come for it, but I know we are so busy in summer and things come up that I cannot say 100%. But I would certainly try to make it work,

It sounds like it would be really fun, and there is no questions your outstanding tank is well worth the trip to any club member in EC or the other surrounding areas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll come of course, also have some locals interested....maybe potential ECRC members???

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I would like to try to make it. Is that the same weekend as the airshow?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Aww man. Ok yes it is the same weekend. The Blue Angels won't be thier this year :(

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that's the weekend. They haven't got the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds there for a few years now. They found out that they could make more money without the added cost. When they were at the airshow, they'd fly right over our house about 50 times during the show.

As far as the June 17th meeting goes, is there enough people from the ECRC that would make it down to make it worthwhile for me to host the June meeting? I can hopefully get 10 or so people from the La Crosse area to show up if I post signs at the LFS this week and make a few phone calls.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I can't make it. Sorry. I have a previous engagement that I had forgot about... made the plans last year for it. June is a busy month for me.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I say go for it! Whoever can make it, makes it. Wish I could be one to make the meeting. I would love to see your tank.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, lets do it. I'll start trying to line up some LaX locals. I'll post directions in the Member's forum.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I maybe bring up to four people maybe a newbie.... As for the Airshow. Last year was nice They did have the Thunderbirds last Year and the Year before that they had the Blue Angels. Even the Hurkie bird, They even used the jet assisted take off (JAT). Anybody else into airshows???

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I could have sworn that they didn't have the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels for a couple of years now, but then again, I didn't realize that the airshow has been going on for 8 years already. I've went to the show a couple of times and have always enjoyed it. Much better lineups than I remember from the old E.C. airshows back in the late 80's.

Afish4u - Bring down whoever you'd like for the meeting.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
lol I never made it to an ec airshow. But I have heard it has basically been ruined up here to much politics

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
Pogo,

I am going to try real hard to make it down there. What is it about an hour drive from EC? I am going to try to get out of work that saturday. I will let you know for sure early next week.

Chazz,

If i am unable to make it would you be able to pick up 2 frags for me from Pogo? I can give you the money to give to him for me.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's closer to 1 1/2 hours. I'll try mounting the frags for you tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts