The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to set up a July meeting for everyone to get to know each other better and to discuss the membership drive. Please let me know by posting here if you are interested in attending the July meeting. The date, time and place are all open right now, pending member response and interest.

Date: TBD
Time: TBD
Place: TBD

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meeting

CJ WELCOME BACK! We missed you! How was your vacation?

Your idea would work out great for a July meeting! Let's definitely
plan on doing that....combining a little bussiness with a lot of pleasure.:beer:

ceige said:
Maybe a day to go to all the locals LFS's to hand out the new Flyer then Kellys for a snack?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to Ceige, we have a great meeting planned for July. As ceige suggested, we will do an LFS tour/flyer distribution and then grab some lunch.

Here is a suggested list of some shops we might want to consider (from south to north):

Tropic Isle, Framingham, MA
Skipton's, Boston, MA
PJs, Saugus, MA
Sea Creatures, Revere, MA
Aqua Addicts, Salem NH
Sea World, Salem NH
The Aquarium Gallery, Nashua, NH

We might want to omit or add to the list depending upon everybody's preference in driving distance. PLEASE feel free to offer more/other options or suggestions.

PS, I have to admit that I have an ulterior motive for visiting The Aquarium Gallery last....there is an awesome sushi bar right next door and it would make a great place for lunch!!! Kelly's is great too. I realize that not everyone likes sushi so let's all post our preference here so we can accomodate everyone's taste buds!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, if we are really serious about doing an LFS tour for the July Meeting, now is the time to set a date.

I propose doing the meeting on July 8 or 15. Any preferences for either date?

>>>>>>>>PLEASE POST HERE IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON <<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>ATTENDING ALONG WITH YOUR PREFERRED DATE<<<<<<<<

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
well the only days that are set work days for me are friday saturday and sunday which i work full days from afternoon till night. Other than that my schedule changes from week to week from mon-thurs and hours also, sometimes mornings sometimes nights and sometimes both. I Dont know what its going to be until the friday before the upcoming week. So its pretty much a hit or miss situation for me. :angry: I just kinda have to wait to see what you guys decide on then when the schedule comes out to see if i can go or not. One of these days i will get lucky and get my day off the same day as a meeting.:thumbup: And as of recently someone got hurt on the job so me being the go to part timer cause of my work ethic i get all the hours. I pretty much live there. I dont want to turn down the money since when college starts back up im limited to weekly hours cause of my work load. :read: <--- me when school starts haha always in a book studying.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, here are a few of the LFSs with their respective opening time:

The Aquarium Gallery, Nashua, NH open 11 AM
Aqua Addicts, Salem NH open 10 AM
Sea World, Salem NH
PJs, Saugus, MA
Sea Creatures, Revere, MA
Skipton's, Boston, MA open 9AM
Tropic Isle, Framingham, MA

Can anyone fill in the blanks?
Judging from the openining times it may make sense to start at either Skipton's or Tropic Isle (depending upon how much driving we all want to do) and then work our way north. Does this sound OK to everyone?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are the suggested stops and opening times. I really wanted to visit Tropic Isle in Framingham but I could not fit it in without getting home at a reasonable time.

Please feel free to discuss changes, omissions, additions etc.
Please let me know if the list suits your availability.

NOTE: You are free to join/quit the tour at any time at any stop.

LFS Opening Times

The Aquarium Gallery, Nashua, NH open 11 AM
Aqua Addicts, Salem NH open 10 AM
Sea World, Salem NH open ?? AM
PJs, Saugus, MA open 10 AM
Sea Creatures, Revere, MA open 12 PM
Skipton's, Boston, MA open 9 AM
Tropic Isle, Framingham, MA open 11 AM

LFS Tour Route

1. Meet in Saugus at 9:00 AM
2. Skipton's 9:30 AM to 10:15 AM
3. PJs, Saugus 10:45 AM to 11:30 PM