The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
ARC Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We talked about flow and Tim gave a great demo of the different types of devices to create flow a few months ago. This time around, we're going to cover lighting.

The meeting will be at 7:30pm on July 11th, tentatively held at Cappuccino Bay Aquarium in Marietta:

2145 Roswell Rd.
Suite 320
Marietta GA 30062

The speaker will be Tony Sciarini, an ARC club member and lighting expert. He'll post a followup with the different topics that he'll be covering at the meeting, along with a demo of every major type of lighting.

If you have questions about VHO, PC, metal halide, PAR, or anything else lighting related, or just want to see it all in action, this is your chance.

We'll see you at the meeting!

·
Registered
395 Posts
ive got a fue questions about lighting and would be a good time for me to join ARC. hope to see ya there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Second Tuesday of each month. Unless there a special event going on :p

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would really like to be there for this one, but thats honeymoon week...

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Heh!

I will try to make it down for THAT one! HECK, might even spend the night!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm bringing my flashlight. LOL
Hope to see you there Tom.
Bob

·
Jr. Reef Tank Engineer
1,081 Posts
Cool...Tony will shed some "light" ;) on one of the most important and hotly debated topics in all of reefkeeping...I definitely plan to come!!!

- Michael

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Sorry it's taken me so long to post here.
My plan as it stands now, is to give a basic presentation on the mainstream lighting options available and how they compare. Will touch on design options as well as a cost vs output etc. Hope to shed some light on PAR and how it relates to reef aquaria.
I'm still working on gathering some equipment for demonstrations. I hope to provide examples spreading from NO--> PC--> T5--> VHO--> MH and if I can gather enough, I hope to give a Kelvin spread as well.

I look forward to seeing you all there... bring your shades!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts