The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The overwhelming majority (everyone, that is) that voted picked July 14th at 2:00 for the meeting at Chris's house in Black River Falls. I will try to see if there is anyone from the ECRC that would like to come down to the meeting since it is only 45min from Eau Claire. This will be a great opportunity for everyone in the Eau Claire and La Crosse areas to meet one another and trade corals.

Please feel free to post what you have available for sale/trade on TRT. If you'd like to find someone to ride to BRF with, please post that as well so we can get arrangements made.

Chris - You will need to post directions (and a phone number, if willing) in the LARK group member's area. It would also be nice if you can post some specs about your tank and pics.

For those of you that are interested in attending the meeting, but don't have access to the member's only area, send me a PM, e-mail, or request to join the LARK member's area and I will grant you access.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Sweet, two meetings/conferences in the course of two weeks. I think I'm going to get spoiled. (hopefully this wont bore my wife too much lol). She more enjoys looking at the tank than doing the maintainance towards keeping it running =). Anyone want anything from Dr. Fosters while we are at the convention that will be attending Chris's shin-dig?

Jason

I know that we are going to be buying a few pails of salt while we're there. *maybe a nitrate reactor if I plead really really well!* lol

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Ok, here is the question, I can frag a few of my pieces but would be looking to see if there is interest, so I can get them going before the meeting. Here is what I have that I feel I can frag: Devils finger, Sea Pen (I think, did some frags earlier, looks like polyps), and the pink tree coral that I have ( did some frags of that one earlier too, still have 1 left that is now about 4 inch tall which I bring. I can also do a couple off the yellow tree coral from Brian and maybe 1 off the pink tree from Brian.

If you want to see any pics let me know and I will post them, a few are in the photo area here on the site.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Please post I'm definately looking for corals at this time as my 125 will be up to snuff in a few short weeks. So, I'll just start loading up my 70 gallon until it's completely cycled and such. So, if you could get a few pics I'm certainly interested.

Jason

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
carym how did the gargonian do in your tank?

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try to find some time next week to post what I can bring. Off hand, I think I can bring a couple different types of kenya trees, green & yellow finger leathers, pink leather, possibly a couple heads of candy canes and trumpet corals, and a couple different types of zoos. I'm sure that there are probably some others that I'm not thinking off too. I also have a couple bleached out BTA that I may be able to get out of the tank. They lost their color when I had my tank problems a few months back and haven't regained their color yet, but I'm not concerned about any of them dying. In the past when they have lost their color, it usually wasn't until the fall when the tank's temp dropped that they would regain their color.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
You know you guys are just making it so my wife isn't going to even let me bring my wallet! lol there is going to be a wish list about 800 pages long of stuff I'm going to be looking at.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know you guys are just making it so my wife isn't going to even let me bring my wallet!

That's why I don't bring my wife along. LOL

Jason - I'd be interested in getting another bucket of Reef Crystals salt if you have the room.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Ok, here are the pics, If I don't have the names right just let me know, and no comments about the algae on the glass....

Yellow Kenya Tree

Sea Pen

Devils Finger

Pink Leather - Mother Colony

Pink Leather - Frag

Pink Kenya Tree

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
I'll put ya on the list of stuff I'm going to be getting at the convention... Quick question for ya though. I have noticed that a LOT of people seem to be using the Reef Crystals brand. I have been using the Coral Pro Salt by Red Sea. The coral pro typically has been about $10/pail more expensive. So, if the reef crystals are basically the same thing I'm going to switch over to that to save a few bucks. I think I'm going to pick up 3 or 4 pails myself just to stock up so that I don't have to order for a while. (we'll see if it's 4 seeing there are a LOT of corals I might have my eye on at the conference lol).

Jason

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
sndwave80, you going to have more chaeto for the July 14th meeting? If so I would be interested in some more....

Thanks
Cary

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have enough chaeto for like 6 or 7 people so nobody should have to bring cheato unless everybody in the club wants some.

Chris

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm sorry who was the one from lark that was going to be selling at fosters? He has the in wall tank the we went to see? I'm sorry I forget names all the time.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aaron - David (TRT name: dvfaas) was planning on selling out of his vehicle. I'm not sure if he's still planning on going or not.

Jason - I've never had any problems with either IO or RC, so that is what I have always stuck with. I'm not going to say that they are the best, but IO and RC are balanced salts, are the most popular, and been around the longest. If you want to see what people are using in the twin cities area, here is a poll that has been going on for a while in the TCMAS club forum. http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70362&page=7
As you can see, over 75% of their members use either IO or RC.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
That's an interesting study... I may have to read what everyone had to say about it tonight. All I did was just read the page 7 of it and I am and am not suprised that IO is the top dog. I'm surprised because it's a cheaper end salt but, that's the same reason why I'm not surprised lol.

Jason

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Items for sale @ meeting!

Hi everyone! Well I am looking to clean house a bit so this will be lengthy of what I have to move so here it is. I can send emails to those interested. Many of the pics exceeded to file limit so I could not show them here. Thanks!
<O:p</O:p
Corals:
<O:p</O:pFrog Spawn- Green/ Purple tipped They are 1.5-2’ tall, span 2-3 wide when extended and have 2-3 heads on each frag: $30.00 ea. Larger ones available upon request!

Hammer Coral- Green/ Purple tipped They are 1.5-2’ tall, span 2-3 wide when extended and have 1-2 heads on each frag: $30.00 ea. Larger ones available upon request!

Toad Stool Leather -Pink/ Peach in color. 5-6” tall and 4-5” wide and attached to 1-2lbs chunk of rock: $50

Galaxea - 1” disc and ½” tall: $15:00ea.

Monitpora Digitata 1- 2” tall and mounted to a frag plug: $20.00ea Larger ones available upon request!

Equipment/ Supplies:<O:p</O:p

Used- AGA 26 Bow Front Aquarium, Solid Pine Stand and Matching Hood w/ Light 1yr old, NO Cracks or Leaks. Minor Scratches: $150.00 o.b.o

Used- Sea Clear acrylic tanks [24”L x 15”Wx 12”H (about 20gal)] w/ Bulk Heads. NO Cracks or Leaks. Minor Scratches: 8 available: $40.00ea

New- Ocean Nutrition Formula Two Marine Pellet, Small Pellet, 400g: $15.00<O:p</O:p

Mars Hexagonal Aquatic Plant Merchandiser system (65gal)- It is missing the filter assembly. Otherwise everything else is there(tank, stand, lighting, timers, pump and sump). Accepting Offers (Retailed for $1,500.00 new) Can be view by the below web link: http://www.marineland.com/products/manuals/HexTank_manual.pdf<O:p</O:p

Companion Habitats Inc. enclosers (AV40-62-2)- (2 avail.) These are small animal/reptile habitats that I have available. The set up does need to be cleaned up a bit as it has been stored for almost two years and the white lines on the top are from some signage I removed and should come off with goo gone. I believe that the model number written on the system is incorrect. When I looked up the system online using the model number that was on there, a two-drawer system popped up, and this unit has 3 drawers. So I am not sure what the model number actually is or if maybe they use the same for both the 2 and 3 drawer units. The entire system is temperature
controlled and has a blower system to circulate air. Each drawer has two four foot bulbs for lighting. Accepting Offers (Retailed for $1,200.00 ea. new

</PRE>400 Watt Metal Halide- 400 watt Metal Halide light and reflector that I purchased for the plant tank as I was going to remove the existing light set up and grow frags with it. You will have know a little about electrical wiring as it does not have a plug and was removed from a building and I have never used it yet. It does include a bulb but not aquarium grade.

Attachments

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
<----is getting his wallet all warmed up lol. (hoping I don't blow everything at the Dr. F&S convention) =))) If I can't find any decient looking frog spawn at the convention I'll be hitting ya up snd

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just posted pics of 25 different corals that I could frag and bring to the meeting at http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1095381&posted=1#post1095381

Let me know if you are interested in anything or would like to see any more pics. Most frags would be unmounted. If someone wants a bunch of frags or can't make it to the meeting, we could meet some other time as well.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts