The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be a SIG with multiple group presentations at Fernbank Science Center... Cool!
  • Tim Woolston will lead a discussion on the setup of BIG tanks,
  • Sally Densmore will give a presentation on Bangii Cardinal breeding, and
  • Doug McIntyre will discuss lighting setups for the reef tank.
Tuesday 12 July 7:30pm at Fernbank Science Center.

This is not the IMAX location but the original Fernbank off Ponce de Leon right at the Railroad bridge. Thanks to Eric Mau, a DeKalb educator & ARC member, for arranging this venue.

Also - everyone that brings a new member will receive a free raffle ticket for them and the new member for a brand new NANO tank. Other incredible raffle prizes will also be available.

Steve

·
Registered
390 Posts
Aacckk! All 3 topics are great and I don't want to miss any of these. What should I do!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Minor change - Jon will be traveling so we will have his presentation at a later date. Sally Densmore will give a presentation on Bangii Cardinal breeding instead.

Thanks Sally and William for setting this up!

Steve

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I am digging in the closet for raffle prizes for next week. What do people want me to bring? This is what we have (in addition to the Nano Cube only available for new members and people bringing new members).

One year subscriptions to Aquarium Fish Magazine (x5)
Doctors Foster & Smith – $25.00 value
www.reefermadness.us – $50 value
Reef Notes 1 – 4 (Julian Sprung) (x9)
Reef Invertebrates (S/C) (Anthony Calfo)
Sea Critters (H/C) Dr. Sylvia Earle (Signed)
Hello, Fish (S/C) Dr. Sylvia Earle (Signed)
Ocean (H/C) (x2) Dr. Sylvia Earle (Signed)
National Geographic Atlas of the Ocean (H/C) (x3) Dr. Sylvia Earle(Signed)
Marine Fishes (S/C) (x19) Scott Michael (Signed)
Aquarium Corals (x9 H/C, x2 S/C) Eric Borneman (Signed)
MACNA XVI (Boston) T-Shirts (x2)
One MACNA XVI (Boston) poster

One 100 GPD RO/DI unit with accessories
Lifeguard Quiet One Model 4000 high head Pentair aquatics 980 gph pump
Python 25 foot No Spill Aquarium Maintenance Kit
Atlanta Reef Club (metal) coffee mugs (x10)
Atlanta Reef Club (ceramic) coffee mugs (x12)
Tetra Whisper Power Filter 30
Kent Pro Scraper Xtension (x2)
Kent Pro Scraper
Hydor Heater Theo 400 W

Seachem Pinnaclet Professional 800L (200 gal) per day RO/DI
Seachem – Tidal Marine Substrate 20 lb bag (x4)

Steve

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I did with the pump that someone wanted to buy at the last meeting was to make that item a live auction, so if you wanted it, you could bid and get it. That seemed like the fairest way.

Steve

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really want to get rid of some of the big stuff...anybody interested in the sand or R/O units?

Steve

·
Registered
195 Posts

Hey Steve. Id be interested in the chance to take some of the sand off of your hands. I am also interested in the following:

www.reefermadness.us – $50 value
Reef Invertebrates (S/C) (Anthony Calfo)
Marine Fishes (S/C) (x19) Scott Michael (Signed)
Aquarium Corals (x9 H/C, x2 S/C) Eric Borneman (Signed)
MACNA XVI (Boston) T-Shirts (x2)
One MACNA XVI (Boston) poster

One 100 GPD RO/DI unit with accessories
Kent Pro Scraper

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a reminder, all new members and the person that brought them into the ARC get a ticket for the NANO...There will be a large selection of other raffle prizes...

Also, note the address - it is NOT where we had the Martini's at the IMAX (for those that can remember that meeting - :)

See you all on Tuesday...

Steve

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you should have come to the meeting - we auctioned off a 100 gallon per day RO/DI with auto shut off - the winner got an amazing deal!

Steve

·
Registered
921 Posts
I just wanted to thank all the speakers for an excellent job! With the terrible weather it was amazing that everyone could make it on time too! Steve was right on the bargains in the auction- most were less than half retail, but all proceeds went to ReefCheck so it was win-win for everyone including the ocean!

Sally gave a farewell summary to her Cardinal breeding run as she will be setting that hobby aside to care for 10,000 new babies at the GA Aquarium. Many thanks for stocking the retail stores for years!

The best prices on bulbs from last months PowerBuy brought Doug and ReefTankLighting to talk on all things PAR. Probably a coincidence.

It turns out that Tim was reluctant to get up in front of a large crowd- fortunately the weather kept members under 50, but what a great slideshow Tim put on. He has done an amazing plumbing and logistic job with his large tank. You can walk around all four sides, and the equipment room is off to the side and discretely hidden. Unbelievably neat and tidy, all the functions controlled by well organized valves and switches. Auto everything!

Again many thanks to all the members who showed up, both new and seasoned and to the ones willing to share their experiences with the club!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts