18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go open top on the 75 also,its ready for some fish now
pretty well established.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Where did you get the hood? Looks alot like mine!! I took the glass out of my hood! Glad I did!

Tank is looking good and what kind of fish are going in there?:)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Also your hood is alot higher than mine!!;)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I don't know if I could ever do a bare bottom reef tank! It just would not look natural to me at all! But everyone has their theories and if they are happy and I am happy than it's cool!:)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Seaffe writes: What are the benefits of having the hood that high??
I would imagine the temperature in the tank would be alot lower and it is alot easier getting into and out of your tank for cleaning, aquascaping, puttting in corals, etc.:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MontanaRocknReefer said:
I would imagine the temperature in the tank would be alot lower and it is alot easier getting into and out of your tank for cleaning, aquascaping, puttting in corals, etc.:)
Exactly I can veiw a clam from above yahoo!:D I can keep fans blowing across the surface good to keep the temp down and very easy to move things around corals etc.I got the hood Johnny at Aquatico co. one of our sponsors,I added the glass to the hood didnt come with it,I put it together myself,Im not sure what fish to get yet any suggestions?:D

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Yup same place I got my hood Casey! Pretty nice hood and would reccommend to anybody and AquaticCo. is one of our sponsors! :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Casey said:
Im not sure what fish to get yet any suggestions?:D
Sigh, all the ones I like aren't reef safe so I think you're stuck with the 'usual suspects'. :)

What do you have in your other tanks?

I like firefish, though it could be a problem with an open tank. I saw a pair of these firefish in a friend's tank. Amazing colors (and very expensive). Nemateleotris helfrichi. p. 364 in Scott Michaels book.

http://uri.sakura.ne.jp/~dd/g/eg-013.htm

How about a dogface puffer? ( if you don't want a cleanup crew, that is :D )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts