The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting some of this in today and I wanted to see do i just try to put just a little in their mouths? I don't want it to get all over the tank or what not... I have a pretty big one to feed then a little bitty one... and they die within minutes right so I will know if i screwed up.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I've only had to use it once on a small apt I had. I took a syringe and squirted it right over the top and with in seconds it was gone. That was 3 months ago and I've had no problems since. It doesn't take allot.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I used a syringe that I bought at Wal-Mart in the medicine area. Joe's Juice works great. So does Kalk. A peppermint shrimp will also work on the aptasia that is small. Good luck. Be careful of where you squirt it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i had a little to much in the syringe not much i slipped or something and i did get some in its mouth then a small white cloud, but it did kill it its nowhere to be seen but it was very near my rare white plusing xenia but they aren't closed up and it wasn't a huge amount in the syringe maybe a couple of drops, i turned the pumps and such back on it says its reef safe so hopfully everything is ok...

Anyone ever squirted more than they meant..

It looks like it dissolved or or something its totally gone..

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
All it is is a high PH solution of calcium. It is harmless unless it gets right on something.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cool thanks yeah i just got it on that and it quickly got diluted...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a majano problem and have to nuke them every few months and JJ is great stuff. If you do get it on a coral I just swish it off the coral. I have heard if left on it can burn the croal??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts