The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one replaced a ballast in a JBJ Formosa 4X65 watt fixture? I just received my replacement ballast from JBJ!:D(Thanks for the tip Lise):D
They said that there would be an instruction sheet with it to show how to replace it of course there was nothing with it! I was able to get a wiring schematic faxed to me after two days on the telephone. :mad: But it don’t show me which set of lights are on which ballast? I need to be able to trace the wiring to figure out which ballast to replace?
Do the ballast’s just simply pull out after the end plates are removed (is there enough wiring)? Or is there some way that the fixture comes apart?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Doug, you must have been MUCH nicer to them than I would have been. I would have made them send me a whole new already to go ballast. With JBJ, if you dn't tell them what you want, they will send you parts. Let me see what I can find out for you as far as the wiring. K?

And your more than welcome on the tip :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the Formosa DX 4X65 watt

And your right I did have to bite my lip a little :cool: If it wasn't for the fact that I would have had to pay the shipping from MI to CA & back :eek: I would have just sent it to them! Anyway my trouble is that it looks like I have to disassemble the whole unit including the fan transformer just to get at the ballast's?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for trying anyway

After looking at the fixture a little closer, I noticed how the housing was assembled. It slips & snaps together so I was able to get to the ballast! Now as far as getting everything back together that's another story :funny: Also since I have it all tore apart I have decided to add another fan to the ballast area like the new style JBJ fixture's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts