The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a JBJ k-2 Viper metal halide lighting system (either the 70w or the 150w), and I was wondering if any of the local stores are able to order this product? I would much rather buy it from a local store than off of ebay or something like that!

thanks!
R5 i think

·
Registered
53 Posts
If the reason you want the JBJ is for its clamp on ability. I recommend the Coralife Clamp on Aqualight. I put one over my 10 gal Nano, and love it. It's got a small built in fan (don't know how effective it is), but my tank doesn't get any warmer than 79 degrees. I do run air conditioning in my home though. They are a little more $$ as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About how much do you think i could get a 150w Aqualight for? Thats probably all i would need for a 20H, i'm thinking. Do you have a 70w or a 150w on that 10? I think a 150 might heat your tank pretty well... :)

I guess it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone has a used 150w Aqualight that they're willing to sell to a less-than-rich college student? haha....

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can't remember what I paid for mine, think it was like 225 or something, bought it from Premium Aquatics, if my memory serves me they had the best price around. You might want to shop around though. I don't think they make a 70 Watt, only a 150 and I have mine over a 10 gallon without any heating issues. Again, I do have A/C in my home though.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've got the same light over my JBJ 24 NC that I totally modded. You can see some pictures in my photo album here. The only thing is that the bulb lost its color fairly fast. Within 2 months the color is now a 6500K yellow from the 14K bulb they said it comes with. Did you ever have problems with the color of the bulb, gogators? LMK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts