The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been sick with the flu :( I went to fish fanatics and got 3 new fish. I got a bi color blenny which is really cute and colorful and got a horned blenny and a watchmen gobie!! IM so excited!! Has anyone been to fish fanatics or Has anyone heard of a horned blenny?:blob::lol:

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Grats on the new fish! We've been there a few times, up until the last time we really liked the place.. But last time we went the owner was a real douche towards Brett and it's totally put me off the place...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know,We didnt like the place the first couple time we went,so I understand where u are coming from .The customer service sucked really bad,and one time some of his fish were sick looking. I mean I can go on forever with compliants,but like most bussinesses if u spend money in there,they will eventually change their attitude.You know what I mean,it pretty sad that some places are like that :( It shouldnt be that way.

·
Registered
166 Posts
"The Horned Blenny originates in the Caribbean Ocean. Its body is a mottled tan with darker spots adorning the body and fins. The head of this fish carries 2 large branching horns which gives this species a unique look that adds to its equally unique personality. A well-established 30-gallon or larger aquarium with multiple swimming levels and plenty of rock is a suitable environment. It is not usually aggressive unless the tank mates appear to have a similar shape as it does. It is best to house singly unless kept in a larger tank and the two are a mated pair. It tends to perch and hop from rock to rock looking for microalgae to graze on. It is known to nip at small-polyped stony coral and clam mantles.
The Horned Blenny does best in well-established aquariums with large amounts of natural algae to feed on. The diet can be supplemented with vegetable matter, Spirulina, and herbivore preparations."

Sounds like you might want to be careful between him and bicolor. Best of luck with the purchases

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My horned blenny is not those colors thats why I said he was rare,cause I looked all over the web for my blenny couldnt find him.The man that sold him to me said that he has never seen the blenny I have before.Thanks man though I appreciate the information and everything that was nice of you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts