The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....and a COLD Saturday at that!

Good morning, and welcome to the weekend.....HAPPY SATURDAY!
Will be a 'self inflicted' one at the creek.....going in for some coffee and holding my desk down with my feet. ;)

Coffee is a go here as well, and haven't begun to ponder grub yet. 28F heading up to 40, with tomorrow's highs not getting out of the 30's with gale force winds. I might take a page out of Jeff's HANDBOOK of retired fellas and not go anywhere.

INTERNET was out when I got home, so thus lack-of-the-Hack. :( So got a DVD disc out and had a Family movie night....Oscar! NO.....NOT THAT AWARD THING!!!!!!! But the gangster comedy movie with uhhhh:unsure: Sylvester Stallone in it.

OK GUYS....the 'Duck rule of thumbs'.....if'n it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a ducks....IT'S A DUCK! :unsure:(" Or a well made ghillie suit."):ROFLMAO:
OF COURSE I MENT STRIPER.....and Ya know next striper season when I'm 65 years old, we'll be having this same discussion. I have trouble spelling 'I' at times.....and don't get me started about 'SPELL CHECK'!

And yup Vinnie.....Striped base. Average is around 33lbs or so round here.

Require more.....MUCH MORE coffee,
Peace and groovy things to All,
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee!
Just a quick note here and then I will post more later. I thought I would surprise you with an early post.
After your 2nd cup, I’ve got a trivia question for you. When you use the word swell in your post on Yesterday’s thread, I began to think about that word used in a musical. Do you know what that musical is?

More later.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Mornin all. Snow has started here. It was sunny and almost no snow yesterday while Buffalo was getting clobbered 20 miles away. They are saying one to two feet. We will see. There is about 3” at the moment. I am going to make a quick run to Home Depot and get the truck in the driveway. Snow blower is all ready to go.

have a great day all.

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Hi, Rick! Good thing you have plenty of practice and dealing with snow up there. I hope that HD has what you want.
Have a safe and uneventful commute to work and back home today.

Hack - good to hear that you plan on taking Jeff’s notation about the repair retired person’s HANDBOOK.

OK let’s throughout this first serious invitation for a chat tonight at 9:00 eastern time.

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good morning all,

Drinking my first cup of coffee . Kicked on the heater and very comfortable sitting on patio .
Got to go into Baton Rouge today to pick up stuff from Kristine’s office. They are moving from one of the most expensive buildings in Baton Rouge to a smaller one downtown. She works from home but has to have an office physical office along with the rest of upper management. I guess in case they need to call a meeting.
We didn’t eat those bass , not the best fish when it comes to taste. This is not the record. But just shy if it by 8 oz.
Adaptation Working animal Fish Fisherman Smile

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Home from the creek, and just a wee chilled. Spend a couple hours out in the boat working on the slips.
Just cleared 40F here, and the sunshine through the window feel good.......ain't fooling me!

THAT'S a nice stri(p)er there Vinnie......I've seen some 'cows' on the dock that get way on up there.

After your 2nd cup, I’ve got a trivia question for you. When you use the word swell in your post on Yesterday’s thread, I began to think about that word used in a musical. Do you know what that musical is?
Cath, I'll fess up you stumped the Hack.....but of course with my distain for loosing I quickly looked it up. Won't ruin it in case you bring that up tonight during our CHAT.

Thinking a 15 minute 'power nap' would be swell.....'kinda like a bump on the head' wink wink.

Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK let’s throughout this first serious invitation for a chat tonight at 9:00 eastern time.
OK.....with a show of hands, is this groovy for All?

I'll go a head and put out the PM invites to those that may no be sitting around the Training Table.
I'll give Vince a while to see if he's joining in, and if he's going to use that fancy get-together thing he uses......if not, closer to this evening I'll set up a GOOGLE MEET thing.

Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK.....'Bat signal' has been sent! (y)
Hack
HIT SEND!

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
8:00 pm Eastern would works for me.

Vinnie - Wowzer on that bass! I can see why it would take more than one person to pull that one in.
Smart move for Kristine’s company to move to a smaller less expensive office building. The larger one is a waste of resources. Why didn’t they do it sooner?

Hack - How long was that power nap? 😉

Unless I hear otherwise, I’m planning on being at church at 8:00 Eastern.

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your going to church tonight for our CHAT Cath? :unsure:

And THANKS for that 8 o'clock revamp......that 9 I was becoming concerned if'n Y'All would spend the hour waking me up.

Haven't heard Vinnie chime in yet as to if we'll be using his portal of the MEET? I'd say by 7:30 if I don't hear anything, I'll schlep up a MEET CHAT.
Going to go revamp the PM'S to 8 rather than 9.
Hack

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Cath they had a lease and couldn’t get out. Expensive building to be in , really nice, restaurant that served breakfast and lunch into late afternoon. Dry cleaners pickup, gym . I worked out of there for an awhile when I got started in the disaster recovery and mitigation. But then I moved into state building then federal office.
Cloud Sky Building Daytime Window

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Vinnie.....you joining in with us this evening?
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got Ya Vinnie.....go have fun Pal.

Here we go Friends.....see Y'All at 8p over here time.
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oooooops.....so that's what that SEND button does. :unsure:
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got another 1/2 hour Doug if you want to join in