The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
24,484 Posts
Afternoon /evening all,
Today’s star for the fridge was rounding up 10-12 bins n boxes worth of auction fodder and getting the out of the basement to then pole barn for take em to auction staging. Now I’m prob 90% have the basement emptied of “stuff”,,, will be contacting the auction house and see when they want the stuff..
Since it’s been raining/drizzling all day I hd to time the basement to pole barn move,, settled for very light mist since it seemed like the best it was gonna get 🙄.
Dunno what is on the list for tomorrow, but imagine basement efforts will continue. Working on getting things put away where they oughta be and enjoy the freed up floor space.

Now to continue with the evening parrot play time,,,

Hope everyone had a great day 👍🏼

· Super Moderator
24,484 Posts
Evening all,

Cath/Hack, dunno if I mentioned it before , but I added a new phrase for Molly to hopefully pick up,,, and works off one she knows already . She “ says” Hi already/clearly ,,, I added “daddy” to the “hi” when I talk to her . She has a few extra vocal sessions each day, the AM seems to be around 8:30 CST,, think the radio in the room times on close to that ,, so maybe she gets vocal first hearing it 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I grabbed the phone and recorded her like to usually do when she is putting out good “pronunciations”,,, she did a few clear “whatcha doin’?” ‘s,,,, a few half hearted “woof - woof” ‘s and some mumbling like usual( I can make out what she is so-so saying, anyone else would not ) I heard her do a “hi “ with a early learning “daddy” right after 👍🏼👍🏼❤.
Macaws are known to “speak” but not really high on the list for parrots that do it better,,. African grey parrots , most Amazon parrots etc etc. have the title of “talkers” more so than macaws,,, but I’ll be darned if I have one that did not read that anywhere , haha.
Sent today’s audio clip to Sis,,, ( I usually left her reply with what she heard,,, tho I of course hear the “almost” attempts than she would) she said she heard the “whatcha doin’?” Clear as a bell ( also said she sounds like me 🤷🏻‍♂️😂🤷🏻‍♂️) , and a “hi” here n there . Told her to listen again and see if she picks up the “daddy” part after a “hi”. Armed with that help she did say she could pick it up somewhat.

Not bad for mebbe a week or so of saying that to Molly,,, “Woof-Woof” came pretty fast too,,, might let her perfect what she says now before deciding what I might work on her next🤔🤷🏻‍♂️..

Did not pop in here to ramble on about boid “speak”,, but to let you all know that I messaged/bothered the GSD breeder this morning asking if they had a ballpark timeline for the next litter. I was told earlier ( when I learned I was 3rd pick for the current litter’s 2 male pups) that a “winter” litter was planned . That was too general for my brain to deal with , hence asking if there was a tighter timeline . Well, looks like breeding will happen in October,, pups in Dec., and go home in Feb.👍🏼👍🏼😊. That being said there will be a visit prior to Feb. so I can visit/check out the pups and kennel ( a kennel of German Shepherds will make my week/month, haha) along with making my pick of the males. Being 1st pick this time,, will be great and difficult somewhat. But like I did with the last time I picked a pup,, I sat with em all and sorta let the pup pick me . Tho I will work on my choice first based on looks/ temperament/ how it acts etc. , and pretty sure all of em will seem to pick me , heheh.

As I watch King try to get current Doxie foster Rudy to play with him,, I’ve taken him aside and told him he will be getting a new brudda of his own kind to eventually play with,, and to show him the ropes on how to be a great dawg like him. Dunno if I got they to King ,, 🤷🏻‍♂️😂. But I know he will be head over paws to have a GSD pup/kid brother to play with soon.

Sorry to ramble,,, it’ll happen when I get typing about parrots n dawgs🙄😖🫢😶.

G’nite all👍🏼

• Love
Reactions: hackshobby and cath
1 - 2 of 2 Posts