The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......We all knew this was going to happen yesterday.

Top of the morning, and welcome to the end of the week and HAPPY FRIDAY! An exciting start......after a wasted trip to the hospital last night because they were crowded, and told the 'mom to be' come back when it's closer.......they just ran out the door again.

Coffee is up, and I barely got the 2nd cup in me as this transpired......NEED MORE!
Another pretty day here, 80F for a high under clear skies. Can't say all the shoebees left yet, some must be lazy and dragging their feet......roads are still tough.

Expect GOOD THINGS,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Morning everyone. Work got super busy all of a sudden.

Looking forward to a nice NFL kickoff weekend.

Enjoy your day everyone!

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT! Wow! Slow start of the day. Where is everyone else? Even our usual early morning attendees are absent, like I was also.

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! A friend gave me a batch of snickerdoodles yesterday and I put some on our training table for everyone to enjoy.

Hack - I hope the shoebees shoe off to home today so you can get some work done .
Did I read this right that the mom-to-be had to go to the hospital twice last night?

Perry - enjoy your busy time at work. Remember not to show your secret talents.

We started out with a cool 64 this morning. That was positively delicious.

Off to exercise in a minute.

Make it a great day filled with grooviness!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning Hack, Perry and everyone,

Trying to workout the shipping thing . It’s expensive shipping live fish nowadays. For a bad size of 15x11x7 at ten pounds is 100.00 after a 40 dollar discount to fedx pickup location. That from Denham Springs Louisiana to Bentonville Arkansas

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Late morning everyone.

I think the honeymoon is over at work. It is my second week after all.

Tons of car stuff to do this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
28,517 Posts
Yes overnight Doug. The guy backed out when I told him. It’s like that’s not even the charge for box and supplies.

Did get a call from oncologist. My thyroid is off and they are going to have to put me on meds to control it. It’s damage from the radiation. So low dose until next visit at the end of November.

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Gack Vinny, thats crazy esp after the boxing etc. On the subject of oxy in the bags when shipping, do you have an oxy acetylene rig in garage? That will work,
99F outside, hazy and I am having issues with phone not charging right :(

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hack - I hope the shoebees shoe off to home today so you can get some work done .
Did I read this right that the mom-to-be had to go to the hospital twice last night?
YUP! Got there and they were soooooo slammed in maternity that they told her to come back when it was at '5-minute intervals' NOT 5-10 minutes. :oops:
But a new Family Member there is, a little girl.......the changed the rules mid stream as well......only 1-there for the delivery, not the 2 they were told. The husband surrendered the honors to Jen, and He waited down stairs.....she cut the cord.

Hack just drove Jen back down to the hospital, and trying to figure out how to do an 'old switcheruni' and get Her bracelet on the Husband so He can spend the night tonight. Life use to be so simple.

THAT'S TOO RIDICULOUS Vinnie....I felt guilty with $55.00 shipping recently. And that was through the USPS. If you get enough people taking you up on that $100.00 SHIPPING, I'll come spend some time down there with Y'All and I'll do the deliveries for THAT price. 😁

Hot dogs, and mac'salad, with deviled eggs........bet 1/2 will be being donated to the dogs later.

Peace and cool stuff to All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Evening all,
Mom’s oncologist said she has about 3-6 months,,,😥, hospice was to visit her and do a eval today, will find out from sis as to how that went .

Since putting the Marineland lobster tanks and ex -Walmart Marineland MARS retail tank systems up on FB Marketplace, have had the gamut of goofs from Bulgaria saying they want them, to a few no show/follow ups, to a couple ( so far) seriously interested folks .

Organized in the pole barn today, since the tanks etc are now outside/on pallets, I have no desire on them coming back in so made use of the new floor space.

Hope everyone hd a great day 👍🏼

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good evening from of South Carolina!
Late morning everyone.

I think the honeymoon is over at work. It is my second week after all.

Tons of car stuff to do this weekend.
Perry, What in the world happened that suddenly work changed from interesting to holy cow!?

Yes overnight Doug. The guy backed out when I told him. It’s like that’s not even the charge for box and supplies.

Did get a call from oncologist. My thyroid is off and they are going to have to put me on meds to control it. It’s damage from the radiation. So low dose until next visit at the end of November.
Vinnie - That shipping price is ridiculous!

Bummer with the news from your oncologist.🙁 Here’s hoping that the small dose does the trick

Good day all. Late afternoon at this point but just hit the chair. Been running around with errands and doctors appointments wily my folks. I hope all are in the middle of a great day.
Rick, how are your folks doing?

Doug - How was the rest of your day?

Hack - That sure was a ragged scenario with getting that baby born last night. Did it work out for the daddy to get tp spend the night at the hospital?

Jeff, that is rough news about your mother. Sending prayers to your mom, you, of your family. You can lean on us any time.

Let’s carry-on with evening, with a healthy dose of grooviness.

·
Super Moderator
28,517 Posts
First off, congratulations on the new family member Hack.

Doug , I’m out of 02 in my tank. And probably most the other gases for welders. I don’t use often but Jacob and his friends do and when they run out. They usually don’t refill unless they have to weld.
I just going to get a small can from academy sports.

The lobster tanks should cool. Do a cold water tank.

You know the chicken is good, even the chickens like it.
Bird Phasianidae Chicken Beak Galliformes

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jeff what Cath just said......we might not be 'professionals' but we're cheap! I think all of us have room on our daily slates if'n you would like to chat......Prayers are always free as well.

Cath.....Jen and Hack just got back and was able to switch wrist bands, so the Hubby can spend the night tonight.

Got a serious urge to shut the eyes.....was a long night last night.
If'n Y'All can't come up with some reasons why not, I may......times up....I may wins!
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts