The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Do we know if the want a LPS, SPS or mixed reef yet?

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
They want lps right now. I have a trumpet coral that Sandy gave me 2 years ago that has gotten huge and needs a good home.
:lol:I have more of the same I was thinking about donating!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I got some liverock curing as well as some smaller chunks that are ready now.
Also have some zoa colonies that nobody wanted to buy so I will donate to science.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
AWSOME!

I think we could make a beautiful reef tank for the school!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Where is this Place? I am getting back into the hobby and have to start from scratch again. Just like every time I get into reef keeping it will not be long and I will have plenty to donate.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I spoke Nathan at the school and Aquatic Pro Solutions regarding the Marine Science Center.
The school is excited and ready to set up a new system... The tanks is 110 gallons.
Donations will be accepted at:
Coral Logic
7860 Gate Parkway
Jacksonville, FL 32256

on October 31st ONLY.

Aquatic Pro Solutions will deliver and set up all donation's on November 1st 2012.
Their are a few exceptions, the school will not be able to use Metal Halides, due to energy consumtions, replacement bulb cost and heat safety issues, also
no glass aquariums, again a safety issue. Acrylic tanks could be used at Mayport Elementary School.
Marine Science Center has been approved to purchase LED lights.

No SPS corals at this time, due to this being a new set up, soft, LPS corals and fish will be accepted after the tank cycles.

If you have further questions, please post them on this thread.

We look forward to educating our next generation of hobbyist :)

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Just a reminder:
If you have donations for the Marine Science Center, please bring them to Coral Logic today so we can set up their tank tomorrow...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Sorry to hear you "got rid" of all your LPS, I'm sure the children visiting the Marine Science Center would have enjoyed them...

Do you still have the protein skimmer you said you would donate?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts