The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

· reefer madness
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it has begun....my new 75 build. first up is my cad drawings, sorry josh, im not as high tech..lol..just a scetch on my work table

· reefer madness
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here we have the standard "meuser made 2 by 4 frame" (these things you could park a truck on) nailed, screwed,and glued

· reefer madness
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the whole stand is going to be wraped in black walnut with camphor burl veneer doors :dance:...so far i'v been at this like a total of like 6 hours combined.

· Just send me a PM ;)
16,985 Posts
Looks good..

As far as pics. Create your own gallery here on TRT (you can do so through your profile) and upload them to there. Then you can img tag then to the thread.

· reefer madness
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im starting to get down to the question.....2 doors, or 4 doors....hmmmm. i figured out i can get a door out of one whole sheet of veneer, so i can do 2 instead of 4. if i was to do the 4 doors i would only be using like 8" of a 21" sheet, seems like a waste of over half of a sheet. any input on what generally looks best, 2 or 4 doors?

· Just send me a PM ;)
16,985 Posts
on the reply box there is a little yellow button with a mountain on it... click it and then paste the link to the img in the box then submit.

· Just send me a PM ;)
16,985 Posts
That's going to be a gorgeous stand!

You may want to reduce the image size before you post them in the thread though as that is quite large ;)

I try not to go anymore than 6x8"

· just a guy with a reef...
356 Posts
The visuals were always my favorite part :icon_rock:

Things are looking amazing bro... That walnut/burl combo is going to make an excellent looking piece of furniture!

As far as pictures, I clicked on the little yellow icon with the mountain, and pasted the exact same link that you originally posted into the little box that pops up.

this is the black walnut im using

unfortunatly, im only using a smal section of these burl sheets

a look at my personal lumber store..so many projects so little time

well i got some free time today so i figured i'd start the wraping phase of my stand..

:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 190 Posts