The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..
i've just added about 25lb of live rock.. in addition to the 55 lbs i've already had. and with the new rocks i added i've got plenty of hitchikers.. 2 crabs and a bunch of worms.. my question is the worms i dont have a pic of them but they look kinda clear and they have created a home for each of them using grains of sand and created tubes.. every so often they come out and kinda wave around.. sorry i dont have a pic of them.. i have quite a few of them.. just wanted to know if these are safe to have in the tank...
any advise would help...
thanx

here is a pic of my tank, my friend bought a new digital camera we were just testing it..

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
the worms are generally the least of your worries. i would be worrying about the crabs. i do not trust crabs. i have a totally crabless system right now. they tend to start out all cute and all, and then they learn to catch bigger food. here fishy, fishy.:D

G~

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ditto on the worms and the crabs.

I've got a question though. Is that a big ole domino damsel in there?

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
****-sels are VERY aggresive towards other fish.... Most people despise then.... I'm not sure about chromis though as they are schooling fish....

·
Super Moderator
22,700 Posts
Yup, ditto on what Jay said,,Green chromis are prob the most docile of em all

·
Registered
395 Posts
is this what you were look at foobudda I had to take a double take at it as well LOL

hey wanareef I thought they got really big also but here some info that I found on them.
this is from Http://www.fishprofiles.com
Common Names: Blue-Green Chromis
Blue-Green Damselfish
Synonyms: Pomacentrus viridis
Family: Pomacentridae
Origin: Indo-Pacific
Main Ecosystem: Reef
Temperament: Active, Schooling. One of the most peaceful Damselfish.
Diet: Ominvore
Care: The Blue-Green Chromis will accept a variety of prepared foods. Quite an easy fish to keep. A well established reef aquarium is the best environment for housing this species.

Reef Secrets
Alf Jacob Nilsen

Temperature: 24.0°C - 28.0°C
(75°F - 82°F)

Potential Size: 7cm (2.8")
Water Region: Middle
Activity: Diurnal
Breeding: Has been bred. A ratio of one male to multiple females with the male guarding the nest is a the scenario.
Comments: A very popular beginners species.
Image Credit: Shalako.
Profile Credit: Dan.

FWIW
Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.