The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
unless you plan on wanting that to be portable, I'd go with one which is on 24/7 so you can glance at it without having to put a stick in the water.. just a thought.. but it looks pretty good for an electronic Ph mon.. the price is sure right. :)

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What does everyone use a monitor pen or a constant monitor? Any particular brand?

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,717 Posts
I too would get (and did get) one that plugs in and constantally measures your PH. I had one of those handheld ones and it was a pain to make sure that the electrode stayed with the storage sulution, and none of that water got in the tank etc,...

You might want to get a PH controler just in case you ever want to use a CA reactor.

Whiskey

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Whiskey, is there a particular monitor or brand you would recommend?

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Pinpoints are awesome!! I have two monitors and one controller. I callibrate them maybe once every 4 or 5 months...and mainly cause I just think I should...not cause they're off by that much.

All run 24-7.

I purchased a Milwakee pH montior...and it would sway from true values every couple days. After two times re-calibrating it in less than two weeks, I sent it back for a pinpoint, which I haven't had to recalibrate since (and that was 4 months ago).

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,717 Posts
Ya, I have heard good things about the pinpoints, plus the reading sitting right there on your stand looks cool :D I would get the AC adaptor kit too if I were you so you can have it always on.

There is also a pinpoint controler, if you have any plans of getting a CA reactor in the future, it might be a good investment to pay extra for the controler now, so you don't need to get it in the future.

Whiskey

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input Skeety and Whiskey! I think I'll get the monitor when I get some extra money. I don't have any plans for a CA reactor at this point since I'm planning on more of a softie/LPS with a few SPS tank (is there a cool abbreviation for that like FOWLR?).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts