The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted some opinions on what is going on. I just upgraded from A 55 gallon with 220 watts of light to a 120 with two 150 10k hqis with 2 110 watt pcs and 2 36 watt atnics. Is this normal for this to be happening while they adjust to the lighting or is it becase there is not enough light? Help.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Is the coral at the same level as it was in the 55? How about the water current around it? You may have to try moving it after a couple more days if it doesn't show improvement. Might be the intensity of the light being more so maybe after a couple of days move it away from direct light from the MH! HTH :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its actually a little higher than it was in the 55. I am acclimating the corals. I started with 4 hours a day abd I am trying 6 now. Should I drop it down some/.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
How long has it been that way? If not long I would wait a couple more days and then move it!! The key here is not to disturb it any more than necessary!!:)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I have moved mine to where there was alot of current going over it and it seem to stimulate it into erecting itself!:)

G

·
my capenella went through that if the flow was different than what it was used to....so just try moving it around the tank till it perks up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its been that way for about a week or so. I have a power head pointed at it from across the tank. (maxi jet 1200). I have two of these hooked up to a wave maker.

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
You should have plenty of light, maybe a bit much for now, I would move it lower.
Also you said you upgraded, is it the old rock and stuff or a brand new setup, whats your water parameters like? Any chance you are having a recycle, or ammonia spike?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts