The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got this "sand anemone" from my LFS last night. It hasn't even been in my tank a day and it's doing this (see picture below)...my parameters are ok, I don't have the best of lighting but I was told he doesn't need intense lighting. I fed him brine shimp last night and he took a couple pieces, and I drip acclimated him to my tank. What did I do wrong or is what he is doing normal/recoverable? Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that how they find their "spot"? By blowing themselves out like that? I did notice that he moved from the original spot I had him which was up on a rock in sand but I don't know if that was just from my current or not...do they like higher currents or should I tune down my power head?

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
I may be mistaken, but it looks like a post-feeding response to me, especially if the anemone hasn't been fed for a while. It my also be a response to the change in lighting intensity as well, if you're lucky, it it a post-feeding response and it will recover quickly, but I could be wrong. How intense and how long is the photoperiod? What are your water parameters? (spell it out for the not-so-bright members here like me...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.