The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I scored a killer deal today... but I need to know if this is aiptasia... I got a 2 pound chunk of rock with a small condy anemone and a purple shroom for $10....

I told the guy that it had a hunk of aiptasia on the rock and I'd have to take care of it quickly... Once he heard aiptasia, he let the rock go for almost free with the condy and shroom...

So, is this aiptasia, or some sort of long tentacle anemone??

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would be sweet if it isn't.....

This is the same place where I got my Red Sea Berlin XL skimmer and pump for $55...

And my Wet/Dry with Mag-5 and overflow for $98....

And a 2x55 PC hood got $65..

:)

I love that place...... :D

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope.... sorry... it's not online....

The avatar looks sweet!!! ya still want me to work on one for ya, or are you happy with that one?

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
Buzz those look an awful lot like Tarantula aptasia, I saw a few in a tank in Portland, slow growing but keep an eye on emdo thye dissapear in a blink if you get near?

·
Big Fish
117 Posts
You don't have to now, but thanks a ton for the offer.

I finally got Adobe Photoshop reinstalled (after I reformatted my hard drive recently) and figured out how to shrink pics.

I hope thats not Aptaisa on your beautiful rock!

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doug,

It didn't react when I put my finger near it, but when I touched it with a piece of aitline tubing, it disappeared... it retreated into a hole in the rock..

Just give the word and I'll take em out... I got my syringe and calcium paste at the ready...

No probs Bill.... anytime... :)

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The good news though is that I've got a peppermint shrimp in there...

If it IS aiptasia, I'm sure he'll take care of it...

·
Super Moderator
22,649 Posts
BH, i would tend to say ,,,NUKE IT!
safe than sorry, unless you hear otherwise,,,,,:confused: :rolleyes:

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

It's not like it's that great looking anyways....

**Preps the syringe and calcium paste...**

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok....... he's nuked...........

I got him, he crawled into his hole and I blasted the hole pretty well for good measure...

He hasn't popped back out yet, so I'm assuming that's a good sign... I'll let ka know if there's any wounded enemy that needs finishing off...

·
Administrator
48,724 Posts
While I love the line from "Aliens" re: "Nuke it from orbit , its the only way to be sure" that action as well as my oft touted depth charging are pretty hard on them expensive fish bowls, but hey once you are on a bug hunt and the rattle of chitin and brass are the domintent sounds in your ear, the smell of Cordite,ozone and formic acid permeates every breath, but you are still alive enough to smell it, You will know the Orkan man is a wimp. We need to Clone Gunny Apone :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.