The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first photo on the left is a cluster of the white worms that I am getting. They open like feather dusters but I am not sure what they are. The body is a white tube that is brittle. The body is sorta pink colored.
The photo in the middle is my mandarin by a couple of them. They are in the right hand corner.
The very right hand picture is a better picture of when they open up. Thanks for the help if you find the time to reply.

Attachments

·
r e e f e r 4 l i f e
2,210 Posts
They look like just a type of tube worm to me. Harmless filter feeders. There are a lot of smaller tube worms that can come and go during the life of your tank. How long has your tank been up and running and what size is it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there,

the same tube worms have been spreading slowly throughout my tank over the past year or so. I didn't mind the handful of tube worms i saw at fist, but they're everywhere now!

The woman at my LFS said that they are generally harmless but can be a drain on your calcium levels, and that manually scraping them off was the only way to get rid of them. I'd think twice about including those intentionally in my aquarium. en masse they look like a layer of fibrous white worms, not what I had in mind for my reef.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.