Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i removed him. I am not a fan of crabs, I don't trust them. They are lazy too

He does have the band between the eyes.

Thanks geoff

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
awww hes adorable...or was :(

i have an emerald crab with hairy legs and hes fine. i named him teddy cause of his cute fluffy legs :funny:

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
acro crabs are the only crabs i allow in my systems. i totally understand where you are coming from. if i had ever seen an acro crab leave a healthy colony i would also remove them all. since they seem to stay in the colony the whole time i think they can stay.

i do not trust crustaceans either. i tolerate peps, but the have such tiny claws that they do not pose much of a theat. the same goes for ghost shrimp (now there is a highly underated cleanup critter).

G~

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Yep made the mistake of getting a hermit. He is a nasty little bugger. Within an hour of adding him he pulled almost all my turbos from their shells, tried them on and then went back to his shell. He is now in my old 12 all by himself. This is now my QT so if I ever need to use it he is going back to LFS.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
i tolerate peps, but the have such tiny claws that they do not pose much of a threat.
Unless they're MY peps, which are direct descendants of Satan!

·
NFMAS
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all my crabs quit their jobs when they found out that prepared foods magically appear. My emralds wont touch the bubble algae and the blue legs just wait for me to feed the fish. I am down to 6 crabs in the tank. I have about 500 turbo snails that are about a cm in size. They have been reproducing in my tank very fast. I started with about 30 turbos. This week I am going to add illynasa snails

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
i find scarlet reef hermit crabs are the safest
they wont touch snails at all, and their always busy cleaning stuff off the rocks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts