The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like one of those electronic thingy's i stick in the water. i see seperate ones sold for ph etc but i want one that does it all, checks alk, calc, salinity, ph etc all in one convenient probe :)
do they make such a thing? i dont care how much it is, i have a birthday coming up :funny:

·
Registered
524 Posts
tims said:
heh yes there is.. and you really dont want to know the cost... the one i saw in the catalog was over 20K
Tim that's soooo nice of you to offer. My birthday is in November...I'll be expecting it then :banana:

·
Retired Wanderer
17,194 Posts
With regular water changes and keeping things tidy you don't have to measure much. Salinity of course is a must as well as temp but once things settle down even just nitrates are something to keep an eye on.

You heavy duty folks with more than softies have a lot more to worry about but us fish and xenia dudes are set with patience on our side.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im mixed up about what softees are, i know they are the leathers, i have 3 of those, but i heard someone say mushrooms are softees too??
if thats the case shouldnt xenia be a softee??
if all the above are softees then i have a 90% softee tank :funny:

im a compulsive tester i think :D

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
you have yourself a bunch of softies then pastina! soft corals are all the ones with out a hard calcerious (sp) skeleton. zoos, mushrooms, xenias, leathers, trees, and lots of other stuff too. you might just have a 100% softtank.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zoo's too? :funny:
if it wasnt for that candy cane coral then yep id be 100% softee
guess mr candy cane is the black sheep of the family

:clown:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts