The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Model RS135 Technical Specifications
<OBJECT title="RS135 BUY NOW!!" codeBase=http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0 height=20 width=100 classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>

<embed src="RS135 Buy Now Button.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100" height="20" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"></embed> </OBJECT>
  • <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rated for aquarium systems of +/- 135 gallons with a medium bioload <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Compares to other skimmers rated from 250 to 500 gallons <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Space required for skimmer in filter/ sump: 10" x 11" ~ 7.25" x 13.25" ~ 9.5" x 12" (Variable) <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Overall Height: 24" <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reaction chamber diameter: 6 " <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reaction chamber volume: 1.65 gallons <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Inlet size: .75 " <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Outlet size: 40mm <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ideal operating water depth: 6.5" <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Max operating water depth: 11 " <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pump (included): SP3- Euro-Reef modified SEDRA KSP-5000A0 water pump <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pump power consumption: 40 Watts @ 115/120 VAC 60hz <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Air intake: 660-720 lph**
  • Water flow through rate under specified operating conditions: 250 gph
** Actual numbers will vary dependant on environmental conditions, water level, salinity and other intagible factors.

i was going to order the octopus recirculating ddnw-150..but after a week of ordering it, they told me that they were on back order untill after march 15th then 3-5 days to send it out, so woudnt be able to get it till like march 18-21st :( i tryed to order it on another site and they wanted $439 compare to $339 that i was getn from this other site..soooooooo i went into my lfs here and they have the euro reef RS135 thats costing about the same as the octopus.. so does anyone have this euro reef rs135 and how are they? thanks for any reply :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

bump

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I dont think you'll be unhappy with it. you will pay for it though lol.

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
If it's the same price, the Euro-reef is a better quality skimmer. The Octopus advantage is that they are very inexpensive. I have the Octo (the NW 200, not the new one) and I like it, but I think the ER 135 is better.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
((((((((((((((((((((((whats the difference between the CS180 AND THE RS180 model?))))))))))))))))))whats cs and rs? they are the same price..$439.. now i have to get in touch with the local fish store here and tell them to change the order from then rs-80 to the rs-180.he is closed today...boy i didnt want to spend that much on a skimmer . but i do have the money, its not an issue..you cant go the cheap way out in this hobby!!!!:(. i just saved up almost $10,000.00 in my saving to buy my 10 foot ford box truck cash for my business that im starting in 6 months..im buying a used one that is 4-5 years old..penski truch rentals, sells there trucks every 4 years or so, i can get mybe like a 2004 with 70,000 miles.. thats where my boss buys his from(he buys the bright orange pinski trucks, im waiting on a white one ;).shhhhhhhhhh dont tell him im going into biz for myself, lol. im tired im making someone else rich!!!..its time for me to be the boss now!!..ive been with the company over 6 years now.................................... more money, more money, more money in this hobby..is so worth it though.. having a piece of the ocean inside your home :)

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
the cs is an older EuroReef line that they no longer make. They used higher quality materials and construction, but honestly, it was overkill. the RS were about $200 cheaper when they first came out, and the CS line matched those prices soon after to clear them out. If you can get your hands on a CS, then do it, but I'd be surprised if you can find one new.

The RC model is quite different though, as that is their recirculating model.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ill have the euro reef rs 180 by thurdsay or friday!!!!!!!:blob:..ill take pics when i get it ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts