The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just set up a 75gallon recently. Live rock, sand, water, etc is already set up. For the past couple of days we have noticed a very tiny salt build up in the same place between the glass and the trim at the base. If it is a leak, it is leaking so slowly that the water evaporates before it can drip. So...is it a leak? I dont THINK its water that has been running down the glass or anything, because its always in the same place. And if it is a leak (which is what I suspect) is there any way to fix it without having to drain seventy five gallons of water? :help:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have that also from time to time and my tank has been set up for 2 months. I came to the conclusion that was water that ran down the glass and is trapped between the glass and trim and is slowly evaporating off.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
welcome to TRT

I have the same thing happening around the bottom trim of the tank. Especially on the back that is noticed as much.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I talked to a local aquarium shop who said it probably wasn't a big deal and to just keep an eye on it. relieved that we don't have to empty our whole tank again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts