The Reef Tank banner

Is my anemone ok?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jmac14 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I just wanted a quick rundown on my anemone. My boyfriend bought it for me on 4/26 along with two Picasso clowns. It has YET to attach...and I know it takes time and it has to find a place it likes, I moved it a little at first but it seems to always move back to the front right hand corner of the tank so I have left it alone hoping it would attach. Like I said I got it over 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't attached. I have a sandy substrate so I'm not sure what it prefers. In fact, I need some help identifying it in general, since my boyfriend bought it for me I'm not 100% sure on what type it is so I'm including some pictures. Also, it seems to have some sort of film on it so I'm wondering if that's normal or if it's telling me something is wrong. We call the film "sluff" and it isn't an overabundance but it still concerns me. I feed it regularly and it reacts to touch, it seems to inflate and deflate and move slightly all the time though never straying too far from the corner.

The first picture was taken shortly after I got it in the tank. The second is the "sluff". And the third is a general picture of how it lays...the last two are under just the actinic lights...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Might be a Long Tentacle Anemone...What are you current parameters for your tank and what kind of light fixture do you have? Also what kind of tank do you have? I know its alot of questions but I got more but dont want to overwhelm you, also how old is your tank?

#4 ·
I just took a water sample to my lfs and they said everything looks good in the tank. I had a spike a week or so ago and lost a flame angel, unfortunately but I've done my water changes and kept an eye on everything and the most current water sample came back good. Looks like it's sitting between 1.023 and 1.024 and 79-80 degrees... The tank is still new (2-3 months) my boyfriend however has had a tank before and knows a bit more about things than me. He wanted to get an anemone so he bought this one oh and we had lost the male Picasso about 3 days after we got them, the female is fine and we have a replacement coming this Thursday.

Thanks Creamhorses! I do feed it frozen brine/mysis shrimp it seems to accept both well...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.