The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 10 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
i bought one of these for my mom's tank, which i am beginning to assume care of. it looked a lot like the image on the right when I purchased it. after moving it to mom's tank, it shrank very small - about the size of a sharpie cap but 2/3 the length. it was all foot and kept the tentacles pretty much completely tucked in. after some specific attention when feeding, it relocated and began to open up again. after some time it split, and again shortly after. so now there's 3, altogether they're about the size of an average cardboard drink coaster and are a dark pink color.

i'm new to the forum and trying to get my post count up so i can post photos. i don't mean to spam this thread, as i'm curious as to what's going on with my RBTA's and wondering how to get them back to that bright pink color and full size.

· Registered
24 Posts
I can post pics now... this is what my BTA's look like:

the bottom clump is actually 2. can't really tell if it's done separating yet or what, but there are two discs/mouths.
the one on top i believe is the original, after the first split it moved to where it is now.

this BTA has done some weird stuff. after moving to this tank, it shrank to about the size of the tip of my index finger and was all foot and no tentacle. after feeding it directly, mom said it opened up and relocated a couple times until it settled in this area - where it was once before. it stuffed itself into the crevice above the bottom 'clump' when there was a bristle worm issue.

i really can't say too much about this tank's history as i've only recently moved back in with mom. i'm not happy with how she's somewhat-cared for this tank. i spent a lot of good money on this, as has she, but she really only likes it as something pretty in the den that no one ever spent time in - until i moved into it.

my noob thread i just started is here if anyone wants to look at some other pics and maybe give me a hand with this:
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/tank-noob-184229.html

1 - 2 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.