The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased an ASM G3 for my 75 gallon tank. It sits in a 20 gallon sump next to a 10 gallon fuge. This skimmer is a monster compared to the Sea-clone that it replaced. My tank holds about 110 lbs. of LR with zoos, shrooms, and 5 fish.

I've already noticed an improvement in water clarity after just 3 days. I get about 3/4 cup of tea colored skimmate every day.

My question is this:

Is it possible to skim too much?
Can your water be too clean?

I've read that shrooms and zoos like tanks that are "dirty". Will this stunt the growth of my zoos?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you think that it is possible to have a skimmer that is just too big for a tank?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've actually noticed an improvement in my corals, however, i think this is because of a different problem that i recently fixed. For all newbies, I would high recommend buying a refractometer if you don't have one. I thought i had perfect SG until i purchased a refractometer, then i relized that my SG was at 1.032!!!!!! That's insane.

It's fixed now and everything is looking much better except for my Hairy mushrooms, which are bleaching. :bawling:

I felt like a really bad parent when i discovered this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts