The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not kidding, I can sit for hours just watching the bubbles go up the tube after my tank lights go off. I even bought a moonlight to light up the turbofloater on my bedroom tank so I can stare at it when I am going to sleep.

Any one else have this problem?

(No, I'm not drunk)
Whiskey

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
The heat must have gotten to ya!? You think you have fun...my skimmer boday is 30"X12" :lol: Usually when I stare at it I have been drinking. :lol:ps Nice avatar whos that?

·
Banned
238 Posts
No. air is mixed in a chamber and there is only one direction for it to go, up. Needless to say that since it is static, it is going to cause the smallest particles to adhere to it. Which in turn will be carried up and out. Take some of your hair and a ballon full of helium. Rub your hair against the ballon and let it go. Same thing as a skimmer.

If you mean the hypnotics of it, then yes. I can stare at my tank for god knows how long just watching a single zoo do nothing.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
I stare at mine.........but I'll NEVER admit to it!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
Loverotties said:
But like the toilet water,does the bubble go the other way in japan? lol
Thats in the southern hemisphere, Japan is in the northern hemisphere isnt it?
I stare at my skimmer endlessly! I love it! I think I sometimes like to look at all the equipment and plumbing more than the critters...but Im not normal...

Robert

·
Registered
155 Posts
motorslave said:
Thats in the southern hemisphere, Japan is in the northern hemisphere isnt it?
I stare at my skimmer endlessly! I love it! I think I sometimes like to look at all the equipment and plumbing more than the critters...but Im not normal...

Robert
just flushed my toilet... counter clockwise.. :fish:

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Skimmers and toilets are mesmerizing (smile) ---- so are washing machines with clear doors, lava lamps and ants!

HHC

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
smeese said:
The heat must have gotten to ya!? You think you have fun...my skimmer boday is 30"X12" :lol: Usually when I stare at it I have been drinking. :lol:ps Nice avatar whos that?
I need to get the 6" uplift tube for my MR2 so I have more room for my bubbles to climb :drool:

Whiskey

·
Registered
537 Posts
*Sigh* Currently in the process of getting my new EV-240 skimmer to dial in. I will be spending plenty of hours staring at mine since we are trying to get it consistent while fighting to get my sump working correctly. Did finally figure out that shortening the return lines to just above water level will get rid of the microbubble mania in the main tank:doh:

At least everything else works wonderfully other than having to rewrap with tape and epoxy every connection after in operation for 48hours...:angry:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
everybody, step away from the bong. there is more to life than pot and bubbles, go get a job you hippies!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts