The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new 90 gallon today. as I set it up on the stand, I noticed this. The picture is enlarged for detail. I cant get a nail in between, and it doesn't go all the way through, not even close. I was wondering if it will cause problems and leaks in the future? If not, if anything, I could reapply silicone over the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think you be ok if the seal inside is still intact don't think it will leak. But you can always fill it up and see what happens. But you said new maybe take it back and get an even exchange if possable.I'd definitely call and see if it's possable.looks like a chip and shouldn't spread but it doesn't look pretty

·
Just a Fishy
601 Posts
You will be okay, the chip should not cause much need for concern, if the chip occurred on a tempered panel, then I would be more worried.

Was the tank purchased online or locally? Would it be too much hassle to ask for a exchange?

·
Registered
68 Posts
If it was tempered glass lol their would be no question of a problem. It would be a million pieces of problems.but joking aside defiantly exchange it if you can better to start with a nice new tank with no defects.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I enjoyed the humor! Always lightens the mood, haha. But really, of course the best would be to return it, if possible, but if I can't, besides anything else, would I still be ok to use it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think you can still use the tank. If you can't exchange it you could still use it.I would shoot a little silicone to fill the chip up.just as a precaution and to cover any sharp edges.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts