The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am just worried. I fed him yesterday, and he moved a wee bit last night when the lights turned off. I dont think he is as puffed up when I first got him, or what he looked like in the store. I don't know if it is just me being paranoid or freaked out. Just let me know. Should I feed him a little again? I keep my water. I have 2 corals, zoas and mushrooms. I am also keeping my water at 80 or 79 and i am only a little over in nitrates, everything else is fine.

Please let me know!! pics below!

· Premium Member
27,090 Posts
They will change somewhat from the difference in water and light conditions from the LFS.

· Premium Member
27,090 Posts
They will inflate differently daily. I would fully expect that the anemone will continue to move around.

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok update! I got home and the light is now off. The tentacles deflate which is normal, but doesn't seem as full. And the mouth is a little light open? Kind of like when a human pushers their lips that little opening. Like that. Real small. And it kin of seems like maybe there is some slight scratches on his uh like the stump like that part. The column part that connects to the rock. Like the sides seem to have like scars or something. Let me know

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Give another picture, but my anemones picker up all the time. When they do I feed them. Have had them for a year give or take and no losses. They will deflate to exchange the water on the inside.

Unless you can see its guts haning out, or it looks like it is falling apart, I wouldnt worry about the nem over much. It takes them a couple weeks to get over being shipped etc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.