The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Eats Crayons
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently set up an ro holding tank with an ACE hardware brand 35gal trash can. Do I need to worry about having a food grade container? Seems like I remember hearing somewhere that non food grade containers can leach bad stuff into your water

· Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I use trash cans and other "plastic" receptacles (my ATO/Kalk container is a large hanging file folder box) that are not "food grade" and I've not noticed any problems...I think all plastics, "food grade" of otherwise, will leach stuff if liquid is left standing for any length of time.

· Premium Member
2,880 Posts
OK...a bit off topic...but...we have glass glasses and plastic glasses in out cabinet...I honestly prefer the "taste" of water out of the plastic ones better than the glass...why is that???

Now back to your regularly scheduled program!

· Registered
2,572 Posts
OK...a bit off topic...but...we have glass glasses and plastic glasses in out cabinet...I honestly prefer the "taste" of water out of the plastic ones better than the glass...why is that???

Now back to your regularly scheduled program!
Me too, I always though it was residual detergent left on the glass from the dishwasher.

I don't even like the "feel" of a glass straight from the dishwasher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.