The Reef Tank banner

is brooklynella the end for my mated clown pair?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ScruffyRubicon 
#1 ·
i just bought them 3 days ago, they looked fine, but have this brooklynella pretty badly. it just went from nothing to looking horrible in one day.

from what little i can find online, this is pretty much the end, huh?

any ideas? beatiful couple they are, black mated pair, so sad.

#2 ·
formalin, you can dip, but if you do not feel they are strong enough for it I had one that was 2 drops per gallon, everyother day til clear then repeat in 10 days. I also maroxy and maracyn 2 to combat secondary infections.

You will need to use a quarantine tank b/c it will kill all inverts and bacterias and you will want to use an airstone b/c formaldehyde binds with O2. If you have no fish in the tank you should let it sit at least 6 wks, to kill what protoazos that might still be in it. Also you do not want sand or rock in b/c it will absorb the medications making them less effective.

Copper will do nothing to the brooklynella.

#3 ·
I am at the 10 day make with my percula now, I got him out as soon as I noticed it, but I still have a hippo and 2 firefish in the tank which I am monitoring closely, I don't have a tank large enough to get them all out into for treatment so I am crossing my fingers.

#5 ·
just an update:

you can see that i started this thread after 10pm when i noticed the issue with them both. with my qt occupied, i had to wait till the morning to hit my lfs for more meds and perhaps a small tank.

they didn't make it till morn.

lesson learned. extra qt in the garage...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.